+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Rebreather Wish List/Challenges

Another Dilligaf Diver nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer's Avatar

Re: Rebreather Wish List/Challenges

Quote Originally Posted by warren72  View Original Post
    Paul,

I dive in Doha, Qatar(Google it, small peninsula across from Dubai).Would like to get out to Sharm later this year for some try dives with Tekstreme

Two would be answer, but unfortunately I am not flush with $$$$

regards

warren

OK Warren, I have lived in Qatar for a few months (and other places in the region), just interested in what you are diving there and if a rebreather is the right tool for the kind of dives available to you. Are there other rebreather divers out there that you can get info from?

Regards...Paul

RBW Member warren72 is an unknown quantity at this point warren72's Avatar
    Pelagian DCCCR

Quote Originally Posted by nicothesailer  View Original Post
    OK Warren, I have lived in Qatar for a few months (and other places in the region), just interested in what you are diving there and if a rebreather is the right tool for the kind of dives available to you. Are there other rebreather divers out there that you can get info from?

Regards...Paul
    Paul,

There are some wrecks out here at +30m to 45 m(also some shallower ones at 18meters.
    In Ras al Khamei(40km from Dubai)there are some decent wrecks at 65m.
    Aquba in Jordan has some deep wrecks too
    And the cream(for this region anyway) would be Egypt.

All the above sites are within a short flight from me, hence the requirement for a lightweight unit.
    I believe that a breather is definately the right tool for above dives.For shallower beach dives, the answer is OC

There are a small number of CCR divers here-i pick there brain on a regular basis but I was looking for a more varied audience with experience of a number of units

Warren

RBW Member jo_c is a jewel in the rough jo_c is a jewel in the rough jo_c is a jewel in the rough jo_c is a jewel in the rough jo_c is a jewel in the rough jo_c is a jewel in the rough jo_c is a jewel in the rough jo_c is a jewel in the rough jo_c's Avatar
    rEvo

Megalodon

Maybe I should tell you my set-up on the Meg..
    I had one of the first few Copis Megs with the old PO2 display (they now come with an apeks handset).

I took out all the electronics and battery box and replaced it with a Shearwater and a Shearwater HUD. These are two separate self-contained electronic systems. I also have a spare shearwater which I use as back-up constant PO2 display.

If my shearwater should die, I replace it with the other one and send it off for repairs.
    If my HUD dies, I attach a second shearwater and send the HUD ff for repairs. So I can always keep diving.

In terms of other spare parts for the actual meg - like I said I've needed one part in 2.5 years. So you might have to wait for a delivery from the states if you need anything else.

I think several of the units can be set up in a similar fashion. The idea for me was to keep everything as simple as possible. Most of the simple MCCRs are very robust or have known little things that you can keep parts on hand for.

RBW Member orion is on a distinguished road orion is on a distinguished road orion's Avatar

Hi Warren,

I dive Pelagian & very happy & seems to fit your criteria pretty well!

:)

Hisayo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3