+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: JZ System - Backmounted Counterlungs for HH CCR

RBW Master Plumber lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Meg,Prizm,RB80,LARV,MK15,HomeB

JZ System - Backmounted Counterlungs for HH CCR

After years of development and testing Golem Gear is proud to introduce Backmounted Counterlungs for Hammerhead CCR
    Backmounted Counterlungs for Hammerhead CCR

Finally, clutter-free chest
    • excellent work of breathing, T-pieces in the same place as OTS CLs
    • Counterlungs are in front of the wing, as close to the lung centroid as possible
    • anti-collapse device inside to ensure gas flow with wing fully inflated
    • high quality manual add valves with tactile differentiation between Oxygen and Diluent valves for low vis operation
    • attached with Fastex releases for easy removal. Adjustable in the front and back for precise positioning
    • Velcro loops on underside for correct routing over the shoulders
    • dump valves at the bottom for flood recovery
    • rock solid construction
      • Cover: Outer abrasion resistant shell made from Cordura 2000
      • Bladder: inner bladder made from RF welded CORDURA 560 with PU coating. It resists hydrolysis, low temperatures, and hydrocarbons.
    • NO ADV or OPV
    This is an advanced experimental counterlung system. Do not use if you are not comfortable diving without ADV or
    OPV

RBW Member Alkermes has a spectacular aura about Alkermes has a spectacular aura about Alkermes has a spectacular aura about Alkermes has a spectacular aura about Alkermes has a spectacular aura about Alkermes's Avatar

Re: JZ System - Backmounted Counterlungs for HH CCR

Hi lof...

When the BMCL for Inspiration?

Regards, Alkermes

Silent Lucidity mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver is just really nice mountain diver's Avatar
    Megalodon

Quote Originally Posted by Alkermes  View Original Post
    Hi lof...

Regards, Alkermes
    Check out this thread.

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=26525

RBW Master Plumber lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Quote Originally Posted by Alkermes  View Original Post
    Hi lof...

Regards, Alkermes
    I just need to know the thread sizes for the head connections to make adapters.

RBW Member HammerHeadShark is an unknown quantity at this point HammerHeadShark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lof  View Original Post
    After years of development and testing Golem Gear is proud to introduce Backmounted Counterlungs for Hammerhead CCR

Finally, clutter-free chest
    • excellent work of breathing, T-pieces in the same place as OTS CLs
    • Counterlungs are in front of the wing, as close to the lung centroid as possible
    • anti-collapse device inside to ensure gas flow with wing fully inflated
    • high quality manual add valves with tactile differentiation between Oxygen and Diluent valves for low vis operation
    • attached with Fastex releases for easy removal. Adjustable in the front and back for precise positioning
    • Velcro loops on underside for correct routing over the shoulders
    • dump valves at the bottom for flood recovery
    • rock solid construction
      • Cover: Outer abrasion resistant shell made from Cordura 2000
      • Bladder: inner bladder made from RF welded CORDURA 560 with PU coating. It resists hydrolysis, low temperatures, and hydrocarbons.
    • NO ADV or OPV
    This is an advanced experimental counterlung system. Do not use if you are not comfortable diving without ADV or
    OPV

Excellent job!

Do you think it could be possible to use this on a Meg? If the hoses fit it should work.

The Meg's T piece is much lower profiled. Is there any further development that will use the streamline T Pieces recently designed for the HH rebreather counterlungs?

It is possible to use this replacement with the std cooper hoses 11" and 13"?

Let me kindly know.

Thanks in advance

Enzo

Hammerhead

The stock Meg hoses do not fit.
    You would hav e to replace them with Coopers or our rubber hoses.
    Then the DSV would not fit.
    There are number of adapters manufactured and other modifications.
    I'll post update as soon as they are complete.

RBW Member HammerHeadShark is an unknown quantity at this point HammerHeadShark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lof  View Original Post
    The stock Meg hoses do not fit.
    You would hav e to replace them with Coopers or our rubber hoses.
    Then the DSV would not fit.
    There are number of adapters manufactured and other modifications.
    I'll post update as soon as they are complete.
    Thanks for the Reply.
    The internal diameter of the hoses (Golem or Cooper) should be 1,5".
    I will check the Meg one. The latest version (that I use) should be the same.
    Otherwise I will just wait for your news.

I have also another couple of questions: 1) which is the counterlung Volume?
    2) in case of bailout, which is the procedure to mantain the buoyancy without the OPV?

Thank again for the reply.

regards

enzo

rEvo UK Deep Baloo is on a distinguished road Deep Baloo is on a distinguished road Deep Baloo's Avatar
    rEvo X Standard/ Micro

Inspo Vision/ Classic

Hi, How are the manual add hoses fixed to the t-pieces as that looks like a weak point if any force e.g the hoses snagging was applied to them?

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Baloo  View Original Post
    Hi, How are the manual add hoses fixed to the t-pieces as that looks like a weak point if any force e.g the hoses snagging was applied to them?

It's well thought out....

1) There is a threaded fitting that goes in the the T-Piece. Given how well built the T-Pieces are I would have no concern with that ever breaking out.

2) There is a 9/16s elbow on the end of the hose that then screws onto the fitting on the T-Piece. This easily turns just like any other second stage regulator fitting. This also allows you to easily put it on and remove it as needed. I typically remove them when I break the unit down for cleaning.

3) While you could turn the T-Pieces with either the fitting facing out from your heard or in, I wear it facing in. I think Jakubs pictures also show this. The net is that the likely hood of this ever getting snagged is very very low.

I can take some pictures this weekend and post them if you would like.

Dive Safe!

Mark

rEvo UK Deep Baloo is on a distinguished road Deep Baloo is on a distinguished road Deep Baloo's Avatar
    rEvo X Standard/ Micro

Inspo Vision/ Classic

Hi yes that would be great as I was just imagining a tapped thread just straight into the side of a t-piece (are the t-pieces much different to an inspirations)?
    What volume are the lungs?
    Thanks in advance

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast