64 36.36%
  • <60 meters /180ft

15 8.52%
  • >60 meters / 180ft

13 7.39%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: How Deep Do You Dive With Air Dil

The Sunday Dive Club jcassara will become famous soon enough jcassara will become famous soon enough jcassara will become famous soon enough jcassara will become famous soon enough jcassara's Avatar
    Hammerhead Inspiration Classic

Inspiration Classic

How Deep Do You Dive With Air Dil

Looking for the deepest you would dive with air as your diluent and bail out.
    Last edited by jcassara; 9th April 2009 at 10:39.

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar

Re: How Deep Do You Dive With Air Dil

Last time I used air dil was about 18mths ago when I didn't have time to get a fill. It had been so long since I'd used air at all that I was so narced on a 35m dive that I swam the opposite direction to the wreck at the bottom of the shotline and spent the rest of the trip home complaining about how broken up the wreck had been.

I don't use air dil at all deliberately unless I'm really stuck. I do carry air as a bailout on 30-50m dives though.

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

I selected less than 40M but its really less than 30M. One of the first things I noticed when I switched to CCR and did not like is that in cold and low viz condition like we have here in the NE that I get Narked terribly at a reduced depth. Due to knowing I need to more closely monitor a CCR then OC when this happened the result was a great amount of anxiety during the dive. Not much fun. So the correction has been to use normoxic trimix. Problem solved.

John

Train Wrecked Guppy ;) brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr's Avatar

There wasn't a way to qualify my answer in the poll, but I'll list it here.

I chose 180' because the poll didn't include 180' exactly - It excluded it.

180' in warm water with low/no current is my limit for Air if that's all I had available.

Nowadays, every dive I make is with 14/33 or better. If I couldn't get He, then the limit I mention above applies.

b.
    Last edited by brockbr; 9th April 2009 at 12:32.
    iDeco Pro - iPhone Decompression Planning
    iDeco Pro

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Quote Originally Posted by jcassara  View Original Post
    Looking for the deepest you would dive with air as your diluent and bail out.
    Ok... Can you share as to why your asking this? I am only asking since we seem to get this question a couple times a year.

Thanks!!

Mark

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

I dived the canyon off "The Huts" in Dahab which was 63m.

Easy dive 40m+ viz warm water. I got some OK video but it was a bit dark in the canyon and i had no lights.

It waqs a great dive that i would have prefered to do on Mix but they refused to give us any as we only had Mod1 on the units.

That was a tad extrteem but in the blue 50ish would be my prefered max on air.

In the UK i dive mix all the time. I was test diving the rEvo yesterday in 8m on 18/45mix.

Probably just as well as it flodded twice :D

ATB

Mark

AndyP with me at 63m in the entrance to the Canyon. Not a good pic (Its a video still) but it shows the conditions.

Last edited by Mark Chase; 9th April 2009 at 12:15.

Supporting Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Mark, why did the rEvo flood on you ?

Mr Fox Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox's Avatar
    Sentinel

KISS

30m for me, beyond this i'm muntered, i now prefer to dive mix on everything.

RBW Member Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge's Avatar
    rEvo II

Evolution

With OC, the balance between the cost of mix and my personal comfort level is about 50 m, sometimes much less depending on the dive and conditions. With CC, the cost of mix is not as significant and it should be utilized on most dives.

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by edasque  View Original Post
    Mark, why did the rEvo flood on you ?
    Yeah I'm kind of curious about that too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast