Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Richie & Carrie Kohler at Wreckfest!

Re: Richie & Carrie Kohler at Wreckfest!

Chris,
    I am looking forward to another round of fantastic presenters, excellent training programs and some first class diving as well...BUT can we not do the waterspout ride again? It was fun the first time and all but I like to keep what little hair I have!
    See you soon!
    Richie Kohler

"It is seldom we meet men, whose souls steeled in the impenetrable armor of resolution, are willing to fight a losing battle to the last..."
    Lord Jim, Joeseph Conrad, 1900

New Member Muzz is on a distinguished road Muzz is on a distinguished road Muzz's Avatar

Chris
    Are there any plans to try and hit the wreck we missed last year some time?
    I think it was called the mystery wreck. It was all AUE divers and the wreck was around 390.
    Steve

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

Quote Originally Posted by Muzz  View Original Post
    Chris
    Are there any plans to try and hit the wreck we missed last year some time?
    I think it was called the mystery wreck. It was all AUE divers and the wreck was around 390.
    Steve
    oh yes, it will be on the 9th or 10th i think. I assumed you would be coming anyway?

New Member Muzz is on a distinguished road Muzz is on a distinguished road Muzz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris at Silent World  View Original Post
    oh yes, it will be on the 9th or 10th i think. I assumed you would be coming anyway?
    I'll make sure now.
    Muzz

RBW Member jmiddleton will become famous soon enough jmiddleton will become famous soon enough jmiddleton will become famous soon enough jmiddleton will become famous soon enough jmiddleton's Avatar
    Kiss Classic - Shearwatered

Kiss Sport

Chris, I would love to come to Wreckfest again this year...how have diving conditions on the deeper wrecks been so far this season?

Was able to do one day at last year's Wreckfest...we went on AJ's boat to dive the NL, but after having trouble hooking the wreck in the ripping current we had to call the dive and settle for a dive on the Spree.

Not an insignificant consolation, but not the wreck we were looking for. Has this season been better? Want to come down, but I hit the Spree every other weekend with my advanced class on Slate's boats.

Thanks,
    Justin

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

Quote Originally Posted by lakelanddiver1978  View Original Post
    Chris, I would love to come to Wreckfest again this year...how have diving conditions on the deeper wrecks been so far this season?

Was able to do one day at last year's Wreckfest...we went on AJ's boat to dive the NL, but after having trouble hooking the wreck in the ripping current we had to call the dive and settle for a dive on the Spree.

Not an insignificant consolation, but not the wreck we were looking for. Has this season been better? Want to come down, but I hit the Spree every other weekend with my advanced class on Slate's boats.

Thanks,
    Justin
    The Spree? Not with us you didnt :) Are you talking about the Spiegel?

Last years conditions were totally unprecedented. AJ has never seen anything like it in the 10 years he has been driving dive boats in the Upper Keys. The Gulf Stream came in close and it stayed....for months. This year has been normal so far. The NL however, is far enough off shore and in the 'elbow' of the Keys to be close to the Gulf Stream all the time, so some days its ripping and on others its flat clam. Changes by the day usually, so I cant predict anything. The Queen is usually better more often, as Islamorada is swinging westward away from the Gulf Stream flow. Biscayne Bay is always unpredictable as is more exposed.

Hope to see you here again this year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2