+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one that thought the BTS show was a disappointment?

Banned MB is an unknown quantity at this point MB's Avatar

Re: Am I the only one that thought the BTS show was a disappointment?

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey  View Original Post
    I thought you would be taller.

So you said...

Good to meet you and your lovely wife, hope you enjoyed NJ.
    Looking forward to dropping by and diving this summer.

Dave

Head Dishwasher
    Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey's Avatar
    Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +

Quote Originally Posted by Dave ******  View Original Post
    So you said...

Good to meet you and your lovely wife, hope you enjoyed NJ.
    Looking forward to dropping by and diving this summer.

Dave
    gonna hold you to it, you and me can pair up and my wife on OC can buddy with your doughter.
    Monkey Diver Inc.
    Monkey Diver Travel Inc.
    http://www.monkeydiver.com

Supporting Member Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli's Avatar
    rEvoMicro w.hybrid&dsix stand

rEvoII fullsize

man it is amazing how many people i missed at the show! monkey was there!! i didnt know!!!

oh well................

hey monkey
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

John,

WOW... What show were you at?? I was there all weekend and thought it was a great event. It was great to see lots and lots of old friends and to put faces to many names. I won't spend the time going down your post line by line since many people have already done so. But...

1) How about all of the Rebreather coverage at the show? Lots of seminars etc... There was more this year than any in the past.

2) How about the "Heat" CCR at the IANTD booth for something new this year. Charlie Johnson is delivering a promising new unit...

3) How about the Side Mount CCR set-ups?

4) The Titan even made an showing again....

I was however disappointed that Hollis/Oceanic choose to not show up at last minute...

I also spoke with some of the BTS staff Saturday morning and they had a lot more people than they ever expected on Friday night. Not sure about the rest of the weekend but I thought it was rather busy on Sat and Sunday.

Sounds like you got some out of date milk in your coffee or something...

Dive Safe...

Mark
    Last edited by diverklondike; 30th March 2009 at 02:54.

Banned jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kybrt  View Original Post
    the dive business has been in the crapper since, 1992, and i started diving in 1993.

somehow these things lumber onward.

BTS was good as usual because of the people, friends old and new. i just hope half the people who said they will come dive off the boat this year do.

the funniest thing didnt happen at the rbw party tho( what a blowout!!)it was my drunken friend at the dive rite booth who touched a reel and said " mine broke right here..." only to have the reel fall and break in the exact same place!!!!! then i thought Pete N. was going to kill him!!!!!!

man if they ever get good security then the show is finished.!!
    mine broke too!

Supporting Member Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli's Avatar

rEvoII fullsize

dude ask cogan it was pretty funny.
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

Supporting Member kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone's Avatar
    Classic Kiss Hammerhead

Sport Kiss Hammerhead

Quote Originally Posted by cool_hardware52  View Original Post
    "Shared" booths can pose problems in identifying *who* is actually represented, but

While printed lists or even online lists aren't always complete, perfect, or up to date, but they are a place to start.

Exhibitor List

Diving is a small market (and getting smaller)

"Tech" is a small segment of over all diving.

Rebreathers are a subset of "Tech"

Most of the firms that service this market are small operations that often represent a significant chunk of the net worth of the principles. Sales are slow, money is tight and there's no Obama bailout on the horizon. (Don't get me started on the pleasures of being a California based small business today.)

The idea that any of these companies should be "shamed" for not attending a dive show fails to recognize the practical realities of today's market place.

If you want to laud the attendees, great. I hope they helped to make your BTS visit worthwhile.

Beating up on the guys who weren't there seems beyond useless.

Tobin
    HI Tobin a lot of times the "exhibitor list" is flawed because of either shared booths (Ex: rEvo was there in a shared booth) or the listing in the exhibitor list is the parent company and not the brand names we all know.

Head Dishwasher
    Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey's Avatar
    Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +

Netmage as Hello Kitty was there all week end to..... was quite drunk last night at the rebreather world party.
    Monkey Diver Inc.
    Monkey Diver Travel Inc.
    http://www.monkeydiver.com

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey  View Original Post
    Netmage as Hello Kitty was there all week end to..... was quite drunk last night at the rebreather world party.
    Oh great; what did Cogan do this time?

rEvoII fullsize

what!!!!! i missed hello kitty too!!!!

man that hurts!!!! next youll say mempilot was there.

cogan was witness to the reel smashup at dive rite. wasnt really his fault, nicky was three sheets, if you know what i mean.

where were you guys at the party? i was over near the shot-a-paloooozza.
    Last edited by Al Marvelli; 30th March 2009 at 03:29.
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast