+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one that thought the BTS show was a disappointment?

RBW Member vincnt moore will become famous soon enough vincnt moore will become famous soon enough vincnt moore will become famous soon enough vincnt moore's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD

Re: Am I the only one that thought the BTS show was a disappointment?

No comment on the show one way or the other, just was glad to have met some of the faces on RBW, like Dave ****** who discussed my hammerhead with me and met Ted McCoy. I also had a nice discussion with Leon from the Meg display, and the new software for the X1 was outstanding. It looked a little complicated but I was impressed.
    I was looking forward to seeing the RMC for the hammerhead but O well, I'll have to catch up with Mark N. some day to check his out.

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by Dave ******  View Original Post
    The show was *great*.

I attend to see People: Friends of old and friends new.
    The day was filled with good cheer and good conversation.

To our friend who started this thread: Who pissed in your Cheerios?

BTS has always been a mix of travel and gear. it's been that way for over 20 years, since it was originally held at the old Count Basie Theater in Red Bank NJ (anyone else remember that?)

Dave

No one pissed in my Cheerios....just expressing a personal opinion.

John

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

The show was *great*.

I attend to see People: Friends of old and friends new.
    The day was filled with good cheer and good conversation.

To our friend who started this thread: Who pissed in your Cheerios?

BTS has always been a mix of travel and gear. it's been that way for over 20 years, since it was originally held at the old Count Basie Theater in Red Bank NJ (anyone else remember that?)

Dave

Now I'm confused. I seem to recall you saying you were "drafted" by the Navy for some ops this past week and couldn't attend the show. Did you mess up and crash one of their pretty planes?

Ken

Banned MB is an unknown quantity at this point MB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    Now I'm confused. I seem to recall you saying you were "drafted" by the Navy for some ops this past week and couldn't attend the show. Did you mess up and crash one of their pretty planes?

Ken

I am beginning a contract with the MiG, and was supposed to fly it onto station yesterday. For once, bad weather was a good thing: Low cloud prevented the planned flight, so I was forced to attend BTS.... This is the usual issue, BTS is always during my most critical annual contract. Drats! In any event, I was not there today, drove to Cape May, took the ferry to Delaware, hopped into the MiG, flew it a whopping 15 minutes across the bay, and am sitting now in a hotel waiting for tomorrow AM to start Red-Air ops.

Had a great time at the show: The trick is to pick your head up and not look at displays, and look for people. Hardware means little, Friends mean everything. It was a super day. I cannot even name all of the people I spent time with, just wish we could get together
    more often. Spring is here!

Best "look-see" of the show was some new software for the X1: Just COOL for RB's. All three PP02's, but the display changes when you tilt your arm up and down: Three different displays without tapping a thing. I spoke to the software designer and suggested a "panic mode" bailout to open circuit: My suggestion is to have the diver point his arm at the surface (like "I am leaving now!!!") and then slapping his wrist with the other hand three times to trigger "BAILOUT". The suggestion is also to make the screen go inverse-video for that mode so even a buddy can see that the other diver has triggered the OC Bailout "Panic Mode". If this gets programmed, remember that you saw it here first. I'm really excited over this.

Dave

Last edited by MB; 30th March 2009 at 00:41.

Diving SIL Technology Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko's Avatar
    Next Generation Rebreather

IDA-71, Ray, LarV, Meg, C96

My suggestion is to have the diver point his arm at the surface (like "I am leaving now!!!") and then slapping his wrist with the other hand three times to trigger "BAILOUT". The suggestion is also to make the screen go inverse-video for that mode so even a buddy can see that the other diver has triggered the OC Bailout "Panic Mode". If this gets programmed, remember that you saw it here first. I'm really excited over this.
    My suggestion is to have the diver do a then a . So if his buddy see's him he will know he is bailing out.

Oh and if this gets programmed remember you heard it hear first.

Sorry Dave I couldn't resist :D.

Thom

BTW - Sounded like a great show... wish I had been there.

Supporting Member Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli's Avatar
    rEvoMicro w.hybrid&dsix stand

rEvoII fullsize

the dive business has been in the crapper since, 1992, and i started diving in 1993.

somehow these things lumber onward.

BTS was good as usual because of the people, friends old and new. i just hope half the people who said they will come dive off the boat this year do.

the funniest thing didnt happen at the rbw party tho( what a blowout!!)it was my drunken friend at the dive rite booth who touched a reel and said " mine broke right here..." only to have the reel fall and break in the exact same place!!!!! then i thought Pete N. was going to kill him!!!!!!

man if they ever get good security then the show is finished.!!
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

RBW Member Chisana is an unknown quantity at this point Chisana's Avatar

I thought that BTS was fantastic this year! But I don't go there for the exhibits or the seminars, but rather for the people! I saw friends there this year that I haven't seen for years, such as Steve McDougal and Joey Dituri!

Heck, I have enough dive gear to last the rest of my life, I really don't need anymore........ except that Charlie Johnson's revolutionary scrubber / counterlung design in his new "Heat" CCR has convinced me that I need to make an exception and get one of those! I hope you all had an opportunity to see this...

Head Dishwasher
    Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey's Avatar
    Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +

Its the People you get to hang out with that makes these shows worth while. Curt took good care of us, and it was nice to hang out and shot the S%$T with people...

met Dave ******, so I now know he actually exists.

I had a blast.
    Monkey Diver Inc.
    Monkey Diver Travel Inc.
    http://www.monkeydiver.com

Banned MB is an unknown quantity at this point MB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey  View Original Post
    met Dave ******, so I now know he actually exists.

Met Monkey.

He looks nothing like his picture.

Dave

Head Dishwasher
    Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey's Avatar
    Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +

Met Monkey.

He looks nothing like his picture.

Dave

I thought you would be taller.
    Monkey Diver Inc.
    Monkey Diver Travel Inc.
    http://www.monkeydiver.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast