View Poll Results: What should Curt do with the Smilies?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep adding them until there is no need to write, the entire screen will be full of dancing sausages

9 18.00%
  • Go back the original, useful Smilies so we know what people mean when they use them

31 62.00%
  • Keep the existing smilies but move them into a folder or down to the bottom of the smilies list

5 10.00%
  • What is a Smilie? I don't undestand the poll and just want to press a button

5 10.00%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: This smilie problem...

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

This smilie problem...

These bl**dy smilies that Curts addicted too.... they miss the point of Smilies which is to show how you feel about a statement and to indicate the reader the intent, Smilie Face for Joking etc. It wouldn't be so bad if they where at the bottom of the list but they've overidden all the commonly used ones and jump about on screen like demented flys!

Unbanned cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn's Avatar

Re: This smilie problem...

I could care less. The fact that the dancing bananas are out of step is the only thing that matters. This remains a critical safety issue. The continued failure by RBW to provide the synchronazation and failure to provide a substantive explanation for the erroneous behaviour of my banana smileys, has already been escalated to RBW's notified bodies and their accrediting agencies. This also includes a request to confirm whether or not the bananas in question have ever been certified by SGS under EN61508.

RBW Member Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy's Avatar

OK maybe the poll options are somewhat biased but I do get your point I think. Try finding a common smilie (common in the outside world) and you'll have to navigate there whereas all sorts of exotic ones are available rightaway. I'm not sure what is is with Curt but if he had treated his ADM similar to this site it would have long perished I guess.

Maybe its this sites fate to go down in bitching over alleged vapourware, an overdose of smileys and ever continuing mCCR vs eCCR discussions. I don't know. Maybe its just me who doesn't see that post containing really add to the value of this site...

Mr Fox Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox's Avatar
    Sentinel

KISS

I see all these smilies over a post and it feels like i've walked into the childrens play area in McDonalds.

They're of no use and detract from the threads.

It's Hammertime! Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Megalodon, Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Field  View Original Post
    These bl**dy smilies that Curts addicted too.... they miss the point of Smilies which is to show how you feel about a statement and to indicate the reader the intent, Smilie Face for Joking etc. It wouldn't be so bad if they where at the bottom of the list but they've overidden all the commonly used ones and jump about on screen like demented flys!
    My solution is simple, AdBlock Plus with a rule for http://www.rebreatherworld.com/images/smilies/*. Although it blocks all of the smiles it is less annoying and readable especially on the move with a small screen.
    Hammerhead CCR Instructor
    Hammerhead Repair Facility
    Golem Gear Dealer
    www.silentthrill.com

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Quote Originally Posted by Pawel Szopinski  View Original Post
    My solution is simple, AdBlock Plus with a rule for http://www.rebreatherworld.com/images/smilies/*. Although it blocks all of the smiles it is less annoying and readable especially on the move with a small screen.
    Exactly- you need to see the normal smilies so you know when someone is joking, sarcy, rolling eyes etc- not when they are a dancing Sausage wearing a Cowboy hat doing girly kungfu! :)

RBW Member nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh's Avatar

I don't think I've ever used a big or an animated smilie but some people seem to like them so that's their choice.

I like and use :D and occasionally even resort to to help express what I'm saying but haven't felt the need to go beyond that yet. Perhaps some day I will sit down at a keyboard, enraged at some injustice, steam coming out of my ears and dripping bile and vitriol from my pen and be forced to use something more extreme but it hasn't happened yet.

I think the real problem is that the joke works once. After that they're a bit passé.

Dive Deep and Dive Long Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf's Avatar
    rEvo

Re: This smile problem...

You know I notice a trend on this thread. Take a good look where the majority of the complainers are from.

Bloody wankers chill out and have a cup or tea :D.

Some of us find them fun.

DeepBlueInnovation Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath's Avatar
    Ouroboros

Prism

or we could could point out that as soon as the forum crossed the pond what was once subtle became more... loud ;)

RBW Member edenfeldt will become famous soon enough edenfeldt will become famous soon enough edenfeldt will become famous soon enough edenfeldt's Avatar

I find them quit annoying to…and I am far from UK :) I don’t think the bigger “smiles” have any useful function…

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast