+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New upgrades from Dive Rite

RBW Member gotgills is on a distinguished road gotgills is on a distinguished road gotgills's Avatar

New upgrades from Dive Rite

Anyone see this?

Dive Rite - Dive Rite’s online journal exploring the latest in technical diving » O2ptima Calibration Caps, QR Buckles and Solenoid Filter

O2ptima Calibration Caps, QR Buckles and Solenoid Filter
    O2ptima divers who want a fast method for sensor calibration without having to fill the loop can now use our Calibration Caps. They help to conserve gas with small cylinders. We came up with a calibration cap set that consists of an inlet cap with a BC hose connection to plug your manual oxygen hose into and an exhaust cap fitted with a mushroom valve so you can evacuate the canister and fill it with oxygen for calibration. Since it is a mushroom valve you can’t overpressurize the canister while calibrating. It’s simple to use and carry with you. DRT-27-CAL We’ll post pics in a day or two.

Also, the Quick Release buckles for the 1.5 inch cam straps are in-stock. You can add them to any of the 1.5” cam straps on the O2ptima tanks or a stage bottle. We used to use these same buckles for independent doubles on 2” cam straps years ago. No more having to reweave the cam buckle. BC2036-QR .

We’ve added a 60 micron filter to the solenoid inlet on the O2ptima. This should help keep the solenoid from getting any debris in it when disconnecting the oxygen hose. I just finished six hours of CCR time with the filter in place. We need to modify your solenoid inlet to accept the filter. Call or email service at service@diverite.com to send your head in if you want us to install the filter.

Lamar

Richie Burr diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb's Avatar
    O2ptima FX

Re: New upgrades from Dive Rite

Good idea... I was just about to do that myself... If it's reasonable, I'll just buy theirs.

Richie

www.rebreather.com.br zmcave has a spectacular aura about zmcave has a spectacular aura about zmcave has a spectacular aura about zmcave has a spectacular aura about zmcave has a spectacular aura about zmcave's Avatar
    O2ptima / Liberty / Dolphin

The calibration caps are awesome, a student of mine got them and I got to use them this weekend. Highly recommend.

Best,

Zé.

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

i want credit for the calibration caps. made these my self from the cannister caps DR sells. added an inline flow restrictor to the O2 feed. uses a fraction of the O2 compared to filling the hole loop.

RBW Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Sounds like great news. Any idea what the cost is going to be ? Callibrating and not using 100-200 PSI of gas before a dive was always a concern for me.

However the end caps are $60, an outrageous price for two delrin caps. I wonder if the kit will be $100+

Richie Burr diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb's Avatar
    O2ptima FX

Kit was quoted at $59.00 and is available now... Just spoke with Diverite. They are getting ready to ship to their Dealers this week.

Also the 60 micron filter install is $20.00 plus shipping. All they need is the Solenoid shipped back to them.

Richie

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

The caps sound like a great idea and very reasonable at $59. I was in the process of making some myself using two 1-hole rubber stoppers with hose barbs in the holes. The inlet side would connect to the hose and flow restrictor from my Analox ATA analyzer. The other side would bleed out slowly. I was told that letting it run this way for 3-5 minutes should flush the entire canister and use far less O2. Cost less than $20, but the DR one sounds more professional.

And I've wanted the delrin canister caps for a while, but I agree they're just too damned expensive.

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Quote Originally Posted by swadiver  View Original Post
    i want credit for the calibration caps. made these my self from the cannister caps DR sells. added an inline flow restrictor to the O2 feed. uses a fraction of the O2 compared to filling the hole loop.
    Yep, I can vouch for the legitimacy of Jeff's claim, as I've seen first-hand his handy-work in this area!

Banned jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sfldiver  View Original Post
    Yep, I can vouch for the legitimacy of Jeff's claim, as I've seen first-hand his handy-work in this area!
    i have the caps already-might you have a photo- would like to make one of these
    what about just putting a standard regulator first stage cone filter for the solenoid?

O2ptima FX

Saw the caps at the show... Just ordered a set....

Very cool & will save a ton of O2...

Richie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast