+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anything New at OzTEK this year?

RBW Member tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining's Avatar
    Hammerhead, SF2, Megalodon, JJ

Boris, Sentinel, Inspiration,

Anything New at OzTEK this year?

Hi guys,

I was hoping to get of to the show this year but was not able, any thing to report? new product, interesting presentations etc.

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Re: Anything New at OzTEK this year?

Hi Matt,

I only got back today and had a great time chatting to divers and the general public about rebreathers and just about everything else to do with diving and equipment.

Ran into some friends and old acquaintances and generally had a great time.

There were a broad spectrum of speakers and sat in on some very good presentations mostly on wreck diving as you would probably expect!!

I didn't have a lot of time to go browsing as we were quite busy but did have time on Sunday morning to have a quick walk around and have a quick look at what was on offer.

I did stop and have a look at the Sentinel and the new VRX. Eagle Rebreathers had a couple of units and were only too happy to show them off and explain the inner workings. Apart from that I am sure there were a lot more new goodies there and someone else will chip in and fill in the blanks.

Regards,

Lance

P1010052S.jpg

Banned Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn's Avatar
    Apoc

Drager

The announcement that the CCRB Sentinal will be coming out with Gaseous Co2 monitoring in addition to its scrubber temp stick and will shortly have 6" EACs available was very interesting.

Regards
    Brad

Great to be able to see an N-19, a Cuda and a Gavin side by side and compare them.

Good show, great turnout.

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

Lance,

your booth looks very cool. Can i have some t-shirt ???

RBW Member tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining's Avatar
    Hammerhead, SF2, Megalodon, JJ

Boris, Sentinel, Inspiration,

Cheers Lance,

You look like you did a great job at the show good on ya mate!

Maybe see you in may?

cheers

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Quote Originally Posted by Fun Under Pressure  View Original Post
    Lance,

your booth looks very cool. Can i have some t-shirt ???
    I only got a couple done for Adam and myself but will be getting more made up shortly.

Regards,

Lance

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Quote Originally Posted by Brad_Horn  View Original Post
    The announcement that the CCRB Sentinal will be coming out with Gaseous Co2 monitoring in addition to its scrubber temp stick and will shortly have 6" EACs available was very interesting.

Regards
    Brad
    Got any more info on those two Brad?

Banned Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn's Avatar
    Apoc

Drager

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Field  View Original Post
    Got any more info on those two Brad?
    Ben, Not really mate, it was announced during the Sentinal presentation that Kevin gave on Sunday. Basically there will be a directly swappable 6" Micropore EAC as an alternative option for the current standard 6" granular scrubber, fully CE'd. I don't remember a duration for the polymer scrubber option being given.

The Gaseous Co2 sensor was of more interest though had less said about it, IIRC it was going to be a retrofitable option for current rigs (but don't quote me on that). The Co2 sensor will work in partnership with the current tempstick that they license from the USN(NEDU?) giving both Co2 breakthrough warning as well as expected scrubber duration during a dive. How the Co2 breakthrough would be displayed was not covered nor any specifics about what IR Co2 sensor they use. Noting that the Sentinal is rated to 100m, I am guessing that it works fine to that depth as well give or take.

Expected timeframe to market was 'some months' I think.

Edit: There will also be a Sentinal backpack OTSCL with flatpackable SS frame travel option that will fit more or less in an Aircraft overhead bin. With the idea that you strip the rig down for travel out of its shell, assemble on side in SS frame, bolt on whatever cylinders you want and dive it with OTSCL.
    Note: Ref a recent thread on here, it was also announced that CCRB are still producing the Boris and that Sentinal production is around 12-15 units per month.

Regards
    Brad
    Last edited by Brad_Horn; 24th March 2009 at 13:23.

+ Reply to Thread