+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shortening a Ck KISS ?

Supporting Member kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone's Avatar
    Classic Kiss Hammerhead

Sport Kiss Hammerhead

Shortening a Ck KISS ?

Has anybody shortened Ck?
    I was thinking of cutting 2" off the scrubber to make the unit more travel friendly.
    Also i am ditching the counterlung case so no worries about that causing problems
    All comments welcome .
    thanks in advance
    Kevin

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Re: Shortening a Ck KISS ?

I would make sure you clearly understand the relationship between scrubber physical dimensions and how they relate to effectiveness before making any changes.

You might consider selling the CK and getting a sport and pocketing a few dollars.

John
    Last edited by jkaterenchuk; 14th March 2009 at 02:31.

Helium Addict O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jkaterenchuk  View Original Post
    I would make sure you clearly understand the relationship between scrubber physical dimensions and how they relate to effectiveness before making any changes.

You might consider selling the CK and getting a sport and pocketing a few dollars.

John
    He already has one.

Ted

Supporting Member kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone's Avatar
    Classic Kiss Hammerhead

Sport Kiss Hammerhead

Hi John
    I just got to tinker!

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

The CK is a small rebreather anyway, certainly smaller than the SK. Loosing 2inches seems like alot of work/risk for little gain IMVHO.

RBW Member dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t's Avatar

you will alter the dwell time in the scrubber which will have a major impact on duration. An example is the evolution verses the inspiration scrubbers, the evo is only 0.45 of a kilo smaller but you looose an hour under test conditions and a considrably reduced time at depth.

Like Ben says its a small rb anyway!!

HTH

Dave

Classic Kiss Hammerhead

Sport Kiss Hammerhead

Thanks Dave
    I knew the dwell time would be effected but I would have never guessed that much.
    I will just have to take the kidney off ( the HH fittings come out of the top).

And remember I always thought smaller was better:)

Thanks for you help
    Kevin

+ Reply to Thread