+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for info about the U-boot 853

RBW Member Lorenz is an unknown quantity at this point Lorenz's Avatar
    Pathfinder

Sentinel

Looking for info about the U-boot 853

Hi all, I'll be in NY next June (2009). I would like to go and dive this submarine so I'm looking for info on how to go and dive it? With who? Do you now dive center in NY which can bring you there?..thanks a lot, Lorenz

RBW Member JIMWOODALL is an unknown quantity at this point JIMWOODALL's Avatar

Re: Looking for info about the U-boot 853

I'm not sure you are allowed to dive it, but if you are you may try Laughing Swordfish. Richie Kohler. He would probaly be able to help you.

RBW Member robinfante is a glorious beacon of light robinfante is a glorious beacon of light robinfante is a glorious beacon of light robinfante is a glorious beacon of light robinfante is a glorious beacon of light robinfante is a glorious beacon of light robinfante is a glorious beacon of light robinfante is a glorious beacon of light robinfante is a glorious beacon of light robinfante is a glorious beacon of light robinfante is a glorious beacon of light robinfante's Avatar
    HammerMeg, Sidemount Prism,

HammerMk15, LARV, Kiss

The U-853 gets dived all the time. You can contact Capt Chuck at Sea Turtle Charters.com,wreckdiving,sharkcage,montauk,blockis land,longisland out of Montauk (all the way out to the edge of Long Island.) He's got it on the schedule for Sunday June 21st. Dave ******'s boat out of Rhode Island goes there too, I'm sure he'll chime in, plus there's a couple of others.

Banned MB is an unknown quantity at this point MB's Avatar

We dive it weekly all summer.

Boat is full liveaboard, and we can offer live aboard for days prior to and after the diving day(s) in case you want to enjoy our area as a tourist in addition to the diving. Shore diving here is also excellent.

We can provide all Rebreather infrastructure: We can provide diluent and 02 bottles for most rigs (2, 3, and 4 liter bottles), fully stage/bailout bottles in every size to 12 liter, sorb (Sodasorb HP or Sofnolime), and all gas types including 200 BAR 02.

In addition we have top-quality loaner lights, reels, surface marker bouys, and all other types of gear needed by the traveling diver. We can provide weights, drysuits, and almost everything except a rig. If you are open circuit, we can supply either single or double tank sets, and have Nitrox available. Supporting divers traveling in from other areas is our main specialty.

There is also another excellent boat here in the same port, the Canned Air. If we cannot take you, we can find you a spot on Canned Air and still provide all of the logistic services that you might require.

Come with confidence, there will be no worries getting you diving on the wreck.

As has been said, Chuck on Sea Turtle is also an excellent choice. He is "across the water" from us (75 KM), so if you dive there we cannot provide any support services.

To sum: The three "Main Boats" regularly serving the U-853 are:

EXPLORER, Narragansett, Rhode Island

CANNED AIR, Narragansett, Rhode Island

SEA TURTLE, Montauk, New York.

Each is about a 3 hour drive from New York City. Any of them is a great choice. Sea Turtle and Canned Air are "Fast Boats", and are not set up for liveaboard. Explorer is a "Trawler", slower in transit but set up for extended diving, and offering comfortable stays at the dock for traveling divers. You can live aboard for a week rather than rent a hotel. Even if you dive on Canned Air, you can still live aboard EXPLORER as a floating hotel.

I have never heard of the "Laughing Swordfish"...

Dave

Last edited by MB; 5th March 2009 at 14:11.

USSMEG USSMEG has a spectacular aura about USSMEG has a spectacular aura about USSMEG has a spectacular aura about USSMEG has a spectacular aura about USSMEG has a spectacular aura about USSMEG has a spectacular aura about USSMEG's Avatar

Also contact here

divetoyourmax

He crews on a dive boat called "Canned Air" out of RI and they run a good show also.

Later Paul

RBW Member JIMWOODALL is an unknown quantity at this point JIMWOODALL's Avatar

My bad. I was thinking of the U-869. It was Idenified by Richie Kohler(Laughing Swordfish).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave ******  View Original Post
    We dive it weekly all summer.

Boat is full liveaboard, and we can offer live aboard for days prior to and after the diving day(s) in case you want to enjoy our area as a tourist in addition to the diving. Shore diving here is also excellent.

We can provide all Rebreather infrastructure: We can provide diluent and 02 bottles for most rigs (2, 3, and 4 liter bottles), fully stage/bailout bottles in every size to 12 liter, sorb (Sodasorb HP or Sofnolime), and all gas types including 200 BAR 02.

In addition we have top-quality loaner lights, reels, surface marker bouys, and all other types of gear needed by the traveling diver. We can provide weights, drysuits, and almost everything except a rig. If you are open circuit, we can supply either single or double tank sets, and have Nitrox available. Supporting divers traveling in from other areas is our main specialty.

There is also another excellent boat here in the same port, the Canned Air. If we cannot take you, we can find you a spot on Canned Air and still provide all of the logistic services that you might require.

Come with confidence, there will be no worries getting you diving on the wreck.

As has been said, Chuck on Sea Turtle is also an excellent choice. He is "across the water" from us (75 KM), so if you dive there we cannot provide any support services.

To sum: The three "Main Boats" regularly serving the U-853 are:

EXPLORER, Narragansett, Rhode Island

CANNED AIR, Narragansett, Rhode Island

SEA TURTLE, Montauk, New York.

Each is about a 3 hour drive from New York City. Any of them is a great choice. Sea Turtle and Canned Air are "Fast Boats", and are not set up for liveaboard. Explorer is a "Trawler", slower in transit but set up for extended diving, and offering comfortable stays at the dock for traveling divers. You can live aboard for a week rather than rent a hotel. Even if you dive on Canned Air, you can still live aboard EXPLORER as a floating hotel.

I have never heard of the "Laughing Swordfish"...

Dave

Below Me??? drtyjrzy is on a distinguished road drtyjrzy is on a distinguished road drtyjrzy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JIMWOODALL  View Original Post
    My bad. I was thinking of the U-869. It was Idenified by Richie Kohler(Laughing Swordfish).
    You can dive that one as well.....

Hello,
    I mate on Cannedair and can answer most questions that you may have. We runs to the U-853 all summer, I also have a very good video of the wreck that we sell. If you are going to be at BSR or BTS dive show Capt. Wayne will be there.
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenz  View Original Post
    Hi all, I'll be in NY next June (2009). I would like to go and dive this submarine so I'm looking for info on how to go and dive it? With who? Do you now dive center in NY which can bring you there?..thanks a lot, Lorenz

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by Dave ******  View Original Post

Hmmmmm..... I would think that ALL rebreather infrastructure should include Extendair cartridges.

RBW Member jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar's Avatar

I would like to dive U571

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast