+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fourth cell

RBW Member ScubaNewf is an unknown quantity at this point ScubaNewf's Avatar

Question Fourth cell

I have had my HH CCR (my first CCR) for about 8 months and am now thinking of moving on to trimix with the rig. I am interested in using the fourth cell option with an integrated computer such as the VR3 (X) or Shearwater Pursuit. I'd like to hear about the experiences of other HH divers with these decompression computers (or others), in particular, with using the fourth cell option.
    Thanks, guys.

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Re: Fourth cell

The great news about using a 4th cell on the HH is that you know that the readings will be accurate based on the location of the 4th cell to the other 3. Over the years I have tried to use a 4th cell on a Classic YBOD and it's always an issue since the cell location is different.

Take you pic of computer and you should be fine. I know that Jakub has a 4th cell tied into his VRX. I don't have my X1 hooked in at this point. I may do it in the future.

Dive Safe.

Mark

RBW Member vincnt moore will become famous soon enough vincnt moore will become famous soon enough vincnt moore will become famous soon enough vincnt moore's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD

Mark
    What has to be done to hook up the 4th cell on the x1 to the hammerhead. I've heard that it has to go back to Kevin to be hooked up..? any Ideas?

Brent - Narked at 90
    divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld's Avatar
    Deep Pursuit or a Camelion

and 11 others inc. a UT-240

Quote Originally Posted by diverklondike  View Original Post
    The great news about using a 4th cell on the HH is that you know that the readings will be accurate based on the location of the 4th cell to the other 3. Over the years I have tried to use a 4th cell on a Classic YBOD and it's always an issue since the cell location is different.

Dive Safe.

Mark
    Using which cell holder Mark? Not one of ours I'm assuming.

Brent
    Copying skips understanding. Understanding is how you grow. You have to understand why something works or why something is how it is. When you copy it, you miss that. WWW.NARKEDAT90.COM
    www.puwer.co.uk PUWER and Machinery CE Marking www.ce-eu.com

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Quote Originally Posted by vincnt moore  View Original Post
    Mark
    What has to be done to hook up the 4th cell on the x1 to the hammerhead. I've heard that it has to go back to Kevin to be hooked up..? any Ideas?

just buy the cable from Kevin and use the 4th cell port..
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Quote Originally Posted by jradomski  View Original Post
    just buy the cable from Kevin and use the 4th cell port..
    Kevin has two cable options that I am aware of...

1) Single cell cable to the 4th.

2) Three cell cable that allows the X1 to monitor (I think... Cell 1, 2 & 4) Not sure if you need to send it back to him to do that one or not.

M

HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Quote Originally Posted by divetheworld  View Original Post
    Using which cell holder Mark? Not one of ours I'm assuming.

Brent
    Brent,

No that was way before yours.... It was one of the early "Y" cell holders and you could never get the cells to properly match readings.

I then went to the HH electronics replacement for the Classic and that fixed that issue and several others.

Dive Safe...

Mark

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Quote Originally Posted by diverklondike  View Original Post
    Kevin has two cable options that I am aware of...

1) Single cell cable to the 4th.

2) Three cell cable that allows the X1 to monitor (I think... Cell 1, 2 & 4) Not sure if you need to send it back to him to do that one or not.

M

if you want the 3 cells you can get a custom harness from Kevin so it doesnt have to go back.. Kevin shipped me a set that I had to package with some other stuff (including teh x1 interface) and ship to South Africa to a HH instructor down there..
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

RBW Member vincnt moore will become famous soon enough vincnt moore will become famous soon enough vincnt moore will become famous soon enough vincnt moore's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD

Joe
    I'm assuming that this is only going to work on the secondary side of the unit>?? It won't drive the solenoid I'm supposing?

HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Quote Originally Posted by vincnt moore  View Original Post
    Joe
    I'm assuming that this is only going to work on the secondary side of the unit>?? It won't drive the solenoid I'm supposing?
    The harness is a split off of the banana block and is not connected to either the primary or secondary.

M

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast