+ Reply to Thread

Thread: JJ-CCR BOV on a KISS

Classic KISS No. 226 RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark is a name known to all RichClark's Avatar
    Classic KISS w. Shearwater GF

JJ-CCR BOV on a KISS

I'm thinking about buying a JJ-CCR BOV for my Classic and wondered if anyother KISS divers had any feedback.

I'm trying to figure out how best to route the BOV feed - I currently run my BOV from the manifold, round behind my neck so that it feeds from the right which keeps the hose nice an neat.

The JJ-CCR feeds from the left (and cant be swapped) so the best I've come up with is a swivel elbow from the manifold and then follow the loop round to the BOV but I reckon the top of the wing will interfere. The alternative is go directly into my bail out, but then neat hose routing is still an issue.

Any thoughts, ideas of pictures would be appreciated.

Rich

Banned MB is an unknown quantity at this point MB's Avatar

Re: JJ-CCR BOV on a KISS

Quote Originally Posted by RichClark  View Original Post
    I'm thinking about buying a JJ-CCR BOV for my Classic and wondered if anyother KISS divers had any feedback.

I'm trying to figure out how best to route the BOV feed - I currently run my BOV from the manifold, round behind my neck so that it feeds from the right which keeps the hose nice an neat.

The JJ-CCR feeds from the left (and cant be swapped) so the best I've come up with is a swivel elbow from the manifold and then follow the loop round to the BOV but I reckon the top of the wing will interfere. The alternative is go directly into my bail out, but then neat hose routing is still an issue.

Rich

Hey Rich,

I went thru routing after routing after routing and was never satisfied. Then finally one day I got my CIS Lunar and saw the light when I saw how it had been rigged: The nicest BOV feed system does not attempt to parallel the loop breathing hoses with the LP hose for the BOV. What works VERY well is to not even try...

Add an Omniswivel to the BOV and then add an Ocean Reef FFM quick disconnect (CEJN Compatible) to the BOV. Route the feed hose *under your arm* and have the length correct so that after dropping the loop over your head, you just snap the hose that runs under your arm to the Omniswiveled quick connect, letting the hose approach the BOV at about a 90 degree angle staight down and under your arm. This works REALLY well, and I'm surprised that more people don't try it.

The other nice thing is that if you add CEJN drysuit feed hoses to your stage bottles, they can be plugged to the BOV and all of the hoses lay nicely down to the bottle. Just make sure that the feed hoses you buy don't have a restriction on the end of the hose where it feeds from the first stage. Some do (Apeks). They can be drilled out, but just check and make sure. You can also use Omniswivel QD's if you are willing to be semi-interchangable with CEJN. That topic has been discussed in detail elsewhere.

Left side feed for the BOV's seem to work best for this as well. Kudu's to JJ for using a left side feed. It works great.

Try it and see.

Dave

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Hi Rich

Janos has just finished rigging his KISS with a JJ so have a word with him. Hes on an instructors course this w/end so you wont get him till Monday.

ATB

Mark

Rekodeko. Sweden fredrik is a jewel in the rough fredrik is a jewel in the rough fredrik is a jewel in the rough fredrik is a jewel in the rough fredrik is a jewel in the rough fredrik is a jewel in the rough fredrik is a jewel in the rough fredrik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RichClark  View Original Post

Rich
    There are many ways to this but the quickest way to do it I belive is as shown in the picture.
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread