+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: labelling ccr bailout in caves

MEGalomaniac Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic's Avatar

Re: labelling ccr bailout in caves

Under the current protocol, I leave a bailout stage behind and I trust that it will be there when I return. As others have already pointed out, a truly desperate diver will take anything that they can get their hands on--it's basic human survival instinct. So I'm already taking something of a chance by letting my stage out of my sight.

The last thing I want to do is encourage some random diver to feel free to monkey about with, or take, my gear. I don't want to have to wonder more than I already do if it will be there when I get back. If someone takes it I don't want to have to track the bottle down later. If I returned to where my bottle was supposed to be and it was gone because someone else took it I'd be more than a little pissed off. If I returned to where my bottle was supposed to be in a situation where I actually needed said bottle and it was gone I'd be really pissed. I hate to say it, but if it comes to a choice between saving me or mine versus saving some random diver on another team...I'm saving me and mine. The idea that my stage is now 'public domain' just because I'm a CCR diver is crazy.

My team and I planned for enough gas to cover our needs. Other teams need to do likewise, or they need to take up a new hobby.

Brian

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Team bailout means I share gas between myself and my team. No one else. I would stay away from anywhere that this sort of thing was likely to happen so if this becomes common practice, let me know.
    Personally I prefer to dive where there is little likelyhood of anyone seeing my stages but when that is not possible I would be happier with a skull and crossbone label on my tanks than a "here help yourself" label.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member CCR900 has a spectacular aura about CCR900 has a spectacular aura about CCR900 has a spectacular aura about CCR900 has a spectacular aura about CCR900 has a spectacular aura about CCR900 has a spectacular aura about CCR900's Avatar

Looks as if state side your caves get very busy, luckily (from my expereince) on this side of the pond caves don't seem to get so cluttered as to risk multiple teams and the confusion that ensues.

CCR labelling sounds a noble idea ... but as one person told me "no good deed goes unpunished"

F

not RBW staff. EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sports kiss, dolphin

If there is really an issue with people "borrowing" stages to extend their dives, the best label I can think of to be honest is "Argon - Do Not Breath", then put your MOD tag on the tank.

However if this is just in your head at the moment, I'd say just label them as usual and stage them as usual.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2