+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sidemount, Nomad and CCR

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

Re: Sidemount, Nomad and CCR

Quote Originally Posted by diverchris  View Original Post
    Thanks for the photo. I was told by DR due to my height and build I should have the 19" bungees. Maybe I need the stock 17" or the small 15". May I get your thoughts on this as DR's advice seemed incorrect.
    It all depends on how you use them. Different ways exist:
    1) Don't use a top cylinder clip. Thread the bungies around the tank neck and under the reg: you'd probably need 17".
    2) Don't use a top cylinder clip. Thread the bungies around the valve knob: you'd probably need 17".
    3) Use chocker around the tank valve/neck and top cylinder clip (same as a stage rigging). Clip the top directly to the bungies: you'd need the shorter ones. Even shorter than 15".
    4) You can also keep the longer ones that you have. Double them in a loop and use as shown in the Armadillo manual.

I personally use 2) with 15" bungies on my Nomad.
    I recently switch to the Armadillo and must say I like it very much. I just swaped the inflator to put it on top and dump/OPV at the bottom, same as standard BC.
    The manual is very well made and it's usefull for all method of SM.
    Best
    Philippe

Death Before Discomfort nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971's Avatar
    JM Hammerhead

Re: Sidemount, Nomad and CCR

The bungee should be long enough to pull the tank up against your side. When viewed from the side, the stage should be horizontal, relative to your body while swimming. As far as length, on my back plate, I have enough bungee for the loop to reach my nipples. Looking at your pic, it doesn't appear that the bungee is having any influence on the bottle. Also, if you find the rear of the bottle sticking up over you butt, you need to move the lower strap, usually towards the neck. This will bring the rear down. I know you're diving a Nomad, but the Armadillo manual has much better illustrations for setting up a sidemount rig. It is free on this site.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3