+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kiss + Hammerhead Electronic + solenoid

RBW Member josping is an unknown quantity at this point josping's Avatar

Kiss + Hammerhead Electronic + solenoid

Anyone has made the modification and could give you a feedback on it ?

I'm currently considering it.

Gui

Aussie KISSer IKM is just really nice IKM is just really nice IKM is just really nice IKM is just really nice IKM is just really nice IKM is just really nice IKM is just really nice IKM is just really nice IKM is just really nice IKM's Avatar
    Classic KISS

Re: Kiss + Hammerhead Electronic + solenoid

Theres a few fairly old threads on here if you do a search.
    http://www.rebreatherworld.com/kiss-...ammerhead.html

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/rebre...ad-kiss-2.html

And some pics here
    Installation av HH Jurgensen elektronik

I am/was considering doing the same, but would prefer something like the Shearwater to drive the solenoid.

Dive different. cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys's Avatar
    MK15.5, MK15, LARV

KISS Classic

I have a HH for the KISS with solenoid that I was planning to sell in the near future...

RBW Member josping is an unknown quantity at this point josping's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IKM  View Original Post
    Theres a few fairly old threads on here if you do a search.
    http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=5833

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=5242

And some pics here
    Installation av HH Jurgensen elektronik

I am/was considering doing the same, but would prefer something like the Shearwater to drive the solenoid.
    I should consider that solution too...

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

Quote Originally Posted by josping  View Original Post
    Anyone <.../...> could give you a feedback on it ?
    Gui, I had one for some time on my CK.
    Nothing wrong with the hardware. All perfect and even fantastic. As a matter of fact, that's what I'm using on my CopisMeg with great pleasure.
    However I don't think the CK architecture is a good plateform to receive an electronic driver whatever it is. The main reason is that the diluent from the ADV is blown directly below the sensors. So when your loop is above your SP and you want to flush it, the ADV blows fresh gas around the sensors. The computer recognizes this as a suden loss of O2 in the loop and opens the solenoid. Bottom line you have a loop above set point and a computer that adds O2 to the loop.
    That being said, rest of the time everything worked fine.
    I think the SK is a better plateform to do that.
    Hope this helps.
    Best
    Philippe

Normal people worry me jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap is a name known to all jaap's Avatar

Hi

I have had one for about a year. Overall its really nice. I have not noticed any of the above SP + ADV-flushing pO2 oscillations that Philippe mentions. But I usually run "semi manual" with the HH set at less than my real SP. HH at 0.7 or 1.0 so the solenoid rarely has to work.

There are already quite alot of threads on the HH-electronics in general. The only CK-specific issues I think of are:

The O2 IP and the solenoid (and how to organize the O2-lines). And the slighly increased height and generally more exposed cables exiting the "HH CK-kidney".

About the IP and solenoid, I don't know how much of an issue it is but if you want to keep the standard KISS-valve running on the same source be aware that some solenoids listed in the HH-manual are only rated for use with rather low IP's.

About the HH-kidney the regular top cover will not fit without modification. So unless you make some kind of custom cover the cables are more exposed.

/Anders

+ Reply to Thread