+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cylinder for Dolphin

Total NOOB trey is an unknown quantity at this point trey's Avatar
    NT1

Dolphin

Cylinder for Dolphin

What's the best fitting, large sized, standard thread tank that folks are using for the SCR Dolphin? I got a 45cf Al Catalina to stick underneath me, but the fit is a little wide and awkward...maybe something steel with a convex bottom would be nicer?

Thanks, Trey

RBW Member Bubble Boy has a spectacular aura about Bubble Boy has a spectacular aura about Bubble Boy has a spectacular aura about Bubble Boy has a spectacular aura about Bubble Boy has a spectacular aura about Bubble Boy's Avatar
    PRISM TOPAZ

RAY, DOLPHIN, BIOMARINE RAPTOR

Re: Cylinder for Dolphin

Best cylinder is go for a 4 or 5 litre Faber. The steel gives a nicer balance and you can get a Scubapro Nitrox dedicated valve which will match up perfectly.
    I find an aluminium just doesn't fit/sit right.

Meg dealer / IT MikeNetto will become famous soon enough MikeNetto will become famous soon enough MikeNetto will become famous soon enough MikeNetto's Avatar
    Meg, Pathfinder, Sentinel, MK6

Optima and Inspiration

Hey guys,

You can try the new PST 27 cf @ 2640 psi, just need a adapter and I think Oxycheq has this adapters for sale.
    This tank is the standard tanks for the Dive Rite O2ptima eCCR. Try with Dive Rite or Dive Rite Express.

Cheers,

Mike - www.protecdiving.com

Ladies bring a plate Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve's Avatar

Sorry for the hijack but is it normal for the Optima to have 180 bar tanks fitted? If so what is the rationale behind this?
    WARNING: I contain occasional coarse language, extreme sexual references, nudity, and adult themes, which may offend some people - Usually churchy types.

Brent - Narked at 90
    divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld's Avatar
    Deep Pursuit or a Camelion

and 11 others inc. a UT-240

Quote Originally Posted by trey
    What's the best fitting, large sized, standard thread tank that folks are using for the SCR Dolphin? I got a 45cf Al Catalina to stick underneath me, but the fit is a little wide and awkward...maybe something steel with a convex bottom would be nicer?

Thanks, Trey
    My pal uses a 10ltr steel Faber with an H valve. Very versatile.
    Copying skips understanding. Understanding is how you grow. You have to understand why something works or why something is how it is. When you copy it, you miss that. WWW.NARKEDAT90.COM
    www.puwer.co.uk PUWER and Machinery CE Marking www.ce-eu.com

Egbert - the Deco Dancer Odin has a spectacular aura about Odin has a spectacular aura about Odin has a spectacular aura about Odin has a spectacular aura about Odin has a spectacular aura about Odin's Avatar

Largest I use is the 10l faber. H valve fitted.

Total NOOB trey is an unknown quantity at this point trey's Avatar
    NT1

Dolphin

For those of us in the US, what's the 5L and 10L equal to in cu ft when at pressure...and what are the pressures and dimensions of said tanks? And can I get them with a DOT stamp in the US?

Thanks, T

Oh, also to be clear...I've converted to a standard 1st stage, so no special valves or tank threads required...
    Last edited by trey; 16th December 2005 at 14:32.

I do all my own stunts shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back's Avatar

trey I have a few extra bottles I would sell

scuba pro/faber 3aa 3000 REE 46 cft with drager valve 3/4 npsm

Pm Me

Darlene Starr - DIY Diva Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trey
    For those of us in the US, what's the 5L and 10L equal to in cu ft when at pressure...and what are the pressures and dimensions of said tanks? And can I get them with a DOT stamp in the US?

Thanks, T

Oh, also to be clear...I've converted to a standard 1st stage, so no special valves or tank threads required...

Whoaaaa,
    When you say converted to a "standard first stage", ... are you refering to the the threading as in DIN adapter on the Drager reg, or did you switch away from the Drager reg to something else ?

Using something other than the Drager reg is not a very sound idea, as it'll screw up everything about the flowrates and dosage.

The Drager reg is not depth compensated, you get a constant mass flow regardless of depth. Its IP is also about 165#, that's what all the flow orifice size calibrations are based around.

Setting it up to use a standard DIN tank valve makes sense, changing to a different reg does not.

Darlene

New Member mothball is an unknown quantity at this point mothball's Avatar

Trey, I got 2 Luxfer AL27's with my unit which dive fine. The Luxfer AL50 dives pretty good also. I even fitted a PST steel 80 to the bottom of my Dolphin, but all of my wieghts ended up on the my shoulder straps - that was an interesting site. Hope this helps, good luck and blue water wishes. Semper Fi Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast