+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OMG CCRs

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

OMG CCRs

At OzTek04 in Sydney last weekend OMG showed prototypes of two new frontmounted CCRs, the manual gas addition Castoro Abyss and the electronically controlled Castoro Explorer.

As the name implies, they are based on OMG's Castoro C-96 O2 rebreather, with several changes like a reversed gas path through the scrubber. OMG is the Italien company building the Azimuth (Nitrox SCR) and Azimuth AF (Trimix SCR) as well as a host of military rebreathers.

While I won't hold my breath for either one of these to reach the market (we've all been waiting several years now for the Nemesis eCCR) they are certainly an intresting concept worth watching, I belive.

More inf and a couple of picures can be found at www.AliensOfTheSea.com/Castoro

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar
    I notice one of the options for these is carbon fibre tanks?

I thought that the carbon fibre could be come unwound during prolonged exposure to water and were not optimal due to their light weight - eg way too little displace water and end up being too boyuant...

any ideas?

Stuart

+ Reply to Thread