+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ear problem pure O2

RBW Member MatV is a jewel in the rough MatV is a jewel in the rough MatV is a jewel in the rough MatV is a jewel in the rough MatV is a jewel in the rough MatV is a jewel in the rough MatV is a jewel in the rough MatV's Avatar

Re: ear problem pure O2

[quote=jradomski;241874]I am surprised that this was not covered during your initial CCR training.. I know I cover it with every CCR student..

I don't think it was, and mostly my tubes were not effected, only some nose clogging.
    I experienced this phenomenon, though, in breathhold expreiments with pure oxygen, which leaves your lungs pretty empty after some minutes.

Hay anyone ever tried a special equalizing mix on descent, like a setpoint near low limit?

Matthias

RBW Member Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MatV  View Original Post
    Hay anyone ever tried a special equalizing mix on descent, like a setpoint near low limit?

Matthias
    For safety reasons it is near 100% on decent. From what I know most people start out like that. (eCCR divers seem to have a 70% loop to avoid constant injecting at the surface)
    Going down on OC (on air or light Tx) for the evening dives could be a solution for me I guess as its both safe and SHOULD prevent the issue assuming that once the pressure is equalised on the bottom not much more gas exchange takes place. (and further assuming that the mechanism at hand is the one I think it is )
    Last edited by Dutchy; 21st February 2009 at 23:09. Reason: odd quoting???

RBW Member vincnt moore will become famous soon enough vincnt moore will become famous soon enough vincnt moore will become famous soon enough vincnt moore's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD

I had posted before in question of air breaks but didn't get much response,

but after 2 ie 250 and 270 ft dives this week I had same problem of ear

trouble. But as taught the open circuit air break took ear problem and dizziness

away for the following days of diving. When ever I started feeling like crap I

went to low O2 for a few minutes and I felt better then went back on loop,

and didn't have to push ppo2 back up in loop. I'm not disagreeing with the

inner o2 facts but do know I have vertigo problems at times that keep me

from diving and know that this has solved the problem for me.

RBW Member DeepGeek has a spectacular aura about DeepGeek has a spectacular aura about DeepGeek has a spectacular aura about DeepGeek has a spectacular aura about DeepGeek has a spectacular aura about DeepGeek's Avatar
    AP Evolution

OC divers can also get middle ear O2 absorption if they're in 'bouncy' deco on pure O2 at the end of the dive. Same thing, you end up equalising with pure O2 going in.
    (of course, 'bouncy' deco is not a good thing at all, but that's a separate topic).

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

I am not a doctor however; I have been putting drops of Alcohol, Vinegar and filtered clean water solution in each ear after rebreather diving. This kills any stuff in the ears, hopefully. I also use a Stopwatch and clear my ears every 15 minutes for a few hours after diving. Hopes this helps.

Best re,
    Chett. L

RBW Member MatV is a jewel in the rough MatV is a jewel in the rough MatV is a jewel in the rough MatV is a jewel in the rough MatV is a jewel in the rough MatV is a jewel in the rough MatV is a jewel in the rough MatV's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vincnt moore  View Original Post
    I had posted before in question of air breaks but didn't get much response,

but after 2 ie 250 and 270 ft dives this week I had same problem of ear

trouble. But as taught the open circuit air break took ear problem and dizziness

away for the following days of diving. When ever I started feeling like crap I

went to low O2 for a few minutes and I felt better then went back on loop,

and didn't have to push ppo2 back up in loop. I'm not disagreeing with the

inner o2 facts but do know I have vertigo problems at times that keep me

from diving and know that this has solved the problem for me.

This validates my belief that said symtoms have nothing to do with volume changes of gases in our hollow spaces, but all with oxygen modulated perfusion of tissues.

Matthias

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2