+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Oh No! Water in Handset

  1. #1
    Inspo Luver Shaunzxr is an unknown quantity at this point Shaunzxr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK, Midlands
    Posts
    99

    Oh No! Water in Handset

    Less than 5 mins into the dive Diva flashed red then died.
    Looked at handset (Delrin) and it was dead, thought I could see water in it. Out the water, out came the battery and I rushed home.

    I hadn't tightened the battery cap . Lesson learnt.

    Opened up the handset and out poured about a mouthful of water. Put the unit under the tap for 1 minute and then carefully dried with tissue, sat it on the worktop with hairdryer on very low heat pointed at it, left for over an hour. Put a fresh battery in and wow up it fired no problem. Ran a few tests on it and it seems to be working fine.
    Can't say the same for the battery though.


    This is one happy HH user and very lucky me thinks :D

    Another testament to the durability of the Hammerhead.

  2. #2
    Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Deerfield_Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,023
    rEvo

    Defender Optima Dolphin

    Re: Oh No! Water in Handset

    I wish that I was as lucky with mine!

    Glad that it worked out for ya.
    .
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing





    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

  3. #3
    Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Coral Springs, FL
    Posts
    1,280
    Dive Rite Optima

    Re: Oh No! Water in Handset

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaunzxr  View Original Post
    Less than 5 mins into the dive Diva flashed red then died.
    Looked at handset (Delrin) and it was dead, thought I could see water in it. Out the water, out came the battery and I rushed home.

    I hadn't tightened the battery cap . Lesson learnt.

    Opened up the handset and out poured about a mouthful of water. Put the unit under the tap for 1 minute and then carefully dried with tissue, sat it on the worktop with hairdryer on very low heat pointed at it, left for over an hour. Put a fresh battery in and wow up it fired no problem. Ran a few tests on it and it seems to be working fine.
    Can't say the same for the battery though.


    This is one happy HH user and very lucky me thinks :D

    Another testament to the durability of the Hammerhead.
    I'm glad the Hammerhead took a lickin and kept on tickin!!!

    Thanks for posting your experience - Certainly good to know!!:D

  4. #4
    Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Coral Springs, FL
    Posts
    1,280
    Dive Rite Optima

    Re: Oh No! Water in Handset

    Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    I wish that I was as lucky with mine!

    Glad that it worked out for ya.
    Don, unlike a plant, you just can't water your Hammerhead and expect it to treat you right...you need to talk nicely to it...you need to gently massage it's buttons...and most importantly, you neet to not slap it around!

    I guess I should have told you that before!:o Oh well, too late now!!:D

  5. #5
    Richie Burr diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dover, DE
    Posts
    1,487
    O2ptima FX

    Re: Oh No! Water in Handset

    Quote Originally Posted by sfldiver  View Original Post
    Don, unlike a plant, you just can't water your Hammerhead and expect it to treat you right...you need to talk nicely to it...you need to gently massage it's buttons...and most importantly, you neet to not slap it around!

    I guess I should have told you that before!:o Oh well, too late now!!:D
    Come on now Adrian.... A crack here, a crack there... I can't believe DOn had a problem. :D

    Richie

  6. #6
    Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Vancouver Island BC Canada
    Posts
    3,795
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

    CCR Instructor Trainer

    Re: Oh No! Water in Handset

    Water in the handset? Probably not out of the woods yet. I would have it checked out if I were you.
    Cheers,

    Dave....

    www.wedivebc.com

  7. #7
    Supporting Member kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    us ct.
    Posts
    649
    Classic Kiss Hammerhead

    Sport Kiss Hammerhead

    Re: Oh No! Water in Handset

    Quote Originally Posted by sfldiver  View Original Post
    Don, unlike a plant, you just can't water your Hammerhead and expect it to treat you right...you need to talk nicely to it...you need to gently massage it's buttons...and most importantly, you neet to not slap it around!

    I guess I should have told you that before!:o Oh well, too late now!!:D
    Can anybody guess
    Kevin J's 2 happiest days???


    1. The day Mark sold his HH
    2. The day Don sold his Optima ;)

    Just kidding
    the other Kevin

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts