+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RBW/ADM Grand Bahama CCR/OC Dive Week

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

RBW/ADM Grand Bahama CCR/OC Dive Week

Join ADM and RBW for…
    SHARKS REEFS and WRECKS BAHAMAS

This is a recreational CCR and OC dive trip.

Join Advanced Diver Magazine and RebreatherWorld.com for an exclusive week-long trip to the original dive resort, UNEXSO in beautiful Port Lucaya, Freeport, Grand Bahama. Dive all day and return to Pelican Bay Resort and Port Lucaya each night –the best of all worlds.

Dates:
    June 25 to July 2nd, 2009

Price:
    $1,695 per diver (minimum 10 divers)

This is a terrific opportunity for Open Circuit Divers to learn about rebreathers up close and personal!

Price Includes:
    • Boat Charter
    • Unlimited Daily Diving during Daylight Hours
    • Breakfast and Lunch
    • Scrubber for CCR Divers
    • All Gasses
    • Hotel
    • Transfers To and From Airport

Price does not include:
    • Airfare (We recommend flying to Freeport via USAirways through Charlotte)
    • Alcohol
    • Other Excursions
    • Dinner
    • Entertainment

Payment:
    • $500 (non-refundable) deposit to hold slot
    • Complete Payment Due 90 Days prior to trip
    • No Refunds after 60 Days Prior to trip

Cancellation:
    A full refund will be provided if you can find someone to take your slot.

Restriction/Certifications:
    • CCR divers must be certified on the unit you are diving with 100 hours underwater
    • OC divers must be certified
    • DAN or equivalent insurance

• Jeff Toorish jtoorish@gmail.com
    • Curt Bowen curtbowenadm@gmail.com

Payments:
    • Visa or Mastercard (3%CC Fee Added)
    • Check/Money Order
    • Paypal (3%CC Fee Added) paid to advdvrmag@aol.com

Advanced Diver Magazine
    327 Snap Dragon Loop
    Bradenton, FL 34212

RBW Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Re: RBW/ADM Grand Bahama CCR/OC Dive Week

CCR minimum: 100 hours underwater ? Seriously ? I won't even have 20 hours on my new RB by then.

Whereas for OC, you just need a certification ? PADI OW ?

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Quote Originally Posted by edasque  View Original Post
    CCR minimum: 100 hours underwater ? Seriously ? I won't even have 20 hours on my new Rebreather by then.

Erik, you didn't think you were just going to walk away from your commitment to the Optima Family without consequences, did you?

Look what happened to Don when he switched to the Revo from the Optima...he's now been ostracized from the family and forced to do 10' deep dives at the Blue Herring Bridge in Palm Beach, because no one in the Pompano Beach area will dive with him anymore!

RBW Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

If you need 100 hours of CCR experience on one given unit for this trip, we're going to start requiring 250 hours each on at least two rigs for anyone in Florida to come dive in the north east, I think.

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

CCR minimum: 100 hours underwater ? Seriously ? I won't even have 20 hours on my new Rebreather by then.

100 hours, that is only around 60 dives or less, should be able to get that in a half year if you actually dive

rEvo III mini

But if I sell my O2ptima and get a rEvo soonish, getting 60 dives in 6 months is near impossible. Not everyone lives in FL and can dive every week-end or during the week. No RBW/ADM trip for me, I'll stick to Monkey's.

I wonder what incredibly tough dives your trip will include that I wouldn't have the experience for. With 50 dives under my belt on an O2ptima (with quite a few in dark and cold water) and probably 20 on a rEvo by then.

Maybe I'll just show up with my PADI OW water certification and strap an 80 on my back. That seems to be ok.
    Last edited by edasque; 19th February 2009 at 01:40.

RBW Key Holder
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Would you come if I changed it to 100 hours on any CCR
    I dont really care about the model

Move to Florida

But if I sell my O2ptima and get a rEvo soonish, getting 60 dives in 6 months is near impossible. Not everyone lives in FL and can dive every week-end or during the week. No RBW/ADM trip for me, I'll stick to Monkey's.

I wonder what incredibly tough dives your trip will include that I wouldn't have the experience for. With 50 dives under my belt on an O2ptima (with quite a few in dark and cold water) and probably 20 on a rEvo by then.

Maybe I'll just show up with my PADI OW water certification and strap an 80 on my back. That seems to be ok.

rEvo III mini

Nope, I still wouldn't have 100 hours all CCR included. I am wondering though what's in his trip that would require 100 hrs on any CCR ? I'd understand requiring a MOD2 or 3 for deep wrecks. A cave certification if there were caves to dive. Dives in a dry suit if this was cold. 30-40 hours of CCR experience if those are really challenging dives at re-creational depth. Wreck certifications of some sort for deep penetrations inside a wreck.

But a random 100 hours on a CCR to do a trip which seems to include mostly recreational depth reef & wreck dives. I don't know. I am missing something.

As for moving to Florida. Please...

RBW Key Holder
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

It is set at 100 hours so we know someone who doesn't know how to dive a breather attends. (than again I have seen divers with 100 hours and an instructor card that didnt know crap about the unit on their back)

It doesnt matter the level of dive or how difficult it is, it all has to do with me not having to worry about the other divers in the water so I can relax and have fun also.

As for OW divers, they will be restricted to OW no decompression times and only have on 80 on their backs. Even for recreational / minimal decompression dives on CCR, our bottom times will double or triple OC.

I dont think it is a high number at all, BUT I do live in Florida and get to dive all the time. :)

Nope, I still wouldn't have 100 hours all CCR included. I am wondering though what's in his trip that would require 100 hrs on any CCR ? I'd understand requiring a MOD2 or 3 for deep wrecks. A cave certification if there were caves to dive. Dives in a dry suit if this was cold. 30-40 hours of CCR experience if those are really challenging dives at re-creational depth. Wreck certifications of some sort for deep penetrations inside a wreck.

But a random 100 hours on a CCR to do a trip which seems to include mostly recreational depth reef & wreck dives. I don't know. I am missing something.

As for moving to Florida. Please...

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Bowen  View Original Post
    It doesnt matter the level of dive or how difficult it is, it all has to do with me not having to worry about the other divers in the water so I can relax and have fun also.
    Considering this the policy makes perfect sense...