+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sat 21: Spiegel Grove, Key Largo

ZeroEmissions Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad's Avatar
    Sentinel/Boris/Evo/Liberty

HomeBuild, AP Classic, Path

Re: Sat 21: Spiegel Grove, Key Largo

Quote Originally Posted by Nad  View Original Post
    I don't know if I can be there in time, probably not, but eventually I'm in. What time?

Cheers
    Nad
    No, just checked the boats schedules, no way for me.

Nad

Mike O'Neill Mike448 has a spectacular aura about Mike448 has a spectacular aura about Mike448 has a spectacular aura about Mike448 has a spectacular aura about Mike448 has a spectacular aura about Mike448 has a spectacular aura about Mike448's Avatar
    Ft Lauderdale (Florida) & Knysna (South Africa)
    Megalodon

Hi All. Some (OC) mates and I drove down to Key Largo on Saturday and had a great morning diving on the Spiegel Grove with Silent World. Chris, as usual, did a great job looking after us - thanks guys.

Unfortunatly I was the onlly CCR on the boat, so I guess that the Megs outnumbered the Red Army for once

I did plan to do one long dive and shoot some video, while all the OC folks planned two dives. However once all the OC guys headed back to the boat for their surface interval at the end of their first dive, I sudenly realised that I was the only person down there. Now I have done a few solo dives, but never on such a big wreck. Officially I decided that in the interests of safety, I should return to the boat and come back down with everyone else. Truthfully, it was just a bit too sppoky being there all alone

Anyway, I ended up doing two 45 minute dives at about 120ft. Vis was about 80ft, with little current. Sea conditions were fair with about a 3ft wind driven wave.

Of course a trip to Key Largo wouldn't be complete without a beer and wings at Buzzards. Once again, thanks to Chris and his crew for a great morning. Here is the video:

Closed Account Teabag is an unknown quantity at this point Teabag's Avatar

Nice report and video Mike. Wish I was there with you. Seems like a lot longer than a week since we were on the Hydro.

Hope you get some more great diving in before you leave the Lauderdale area.

Tim

Richie Burr diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb's Avatar
    O2ptima FX

Nice video... Did you use the new iMovie to edit?

We'll be down in April... It can't get here soon enough!!!

Richie

Mike O'Neill Mike448 has a spectacular aura about Mike448 has a spectacular aura about Mike448 has a spectacular aura about Mike448 has a spectacular aura about Mike448 has a spectacular aura about Mike448 has a spectacular aura about Mike448's Avatar
    Megalodon

Yeah, I used IMovie, the new version which has a bunch of new features. The camera is a Canon XHA1 in a Gates housing. The HD large file version of the movie is awesome (if I don't say so myself), you tube doesn't do it justice.

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

Glad you had a good time Mike. Some nice transitions on the movie. Im using Adobe Premiere, but want to change to final cut pro when I can afford it :)

Still, then Id need to get some decent lights and then a new HD camera etc, etc,

I thought there was nothing worse than the outlay of being a ccr diver, but now I know - a ccr diving videographer!

Megalodon

I hear you Chris. I am still using I-Movie. I do have Final Cut but find it tooooooooo complicated for my pea sized brain One day when I have time I will get someone to teach me.

RBW Member deepstops is an unknown quantity at this point deepstops's Avatar

Nice video Mike :)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2