+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HS Explorer + CK

MixedGas gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan's Avatar

HS Explorer + CK

Does anyone use this computer hooked up the RB. Is using a P-port on the inhale C/L the best way to go?

Andre

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

Re: HS Explorer + CK

Quote Originally Posted by gathan
    Does anyone use this computer hooked up the RB. Is using a P-port on the inhale C/L the best way to go?

Andre
    Hi Andre,
    I dive a CK and a VR3, but that'll be the same for your question.
    3 ways to go:
    1) I hook up to the inhale CL with a p-port. I have #65 with O2 on my left handside.
    Been working great so far. This 4th cell is always dry so PO2 differs from all other 3 cells after long dives, but not that much and it's not a problem. Just watch carefuly where you put the p-port: the higher the better, opposite the bag mouth is a good place so you can grab the p-port from the top of the rig.
    2) If you have a serial # > 69 then you could hook it up to the "old" O2 port using a Swagelok 90° elbow. The wires would be plugged on a K1 (or is R17 ?) danggling on top of the stack.
    3) You could also remove one display and replace by your VR3.

I prefer solution #1 because I carry another "un-cut" CL with me. In case I have a problem with a cell I can always use that 4th one or in case I have a problem with the computer cable, I can always use it un-hooked.
    Best
    Philippe

MixedGas gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan's Avatar

Re: HS Explorer + CK

Thanks for your response philippe. I do like the idea of plumbing it into the inhale CL while having a spare bag just in case.

Andre

+ Reply to Thread