+ Reply to Thread

Thread: South suburb Chicago, IL

South suburb Chicago, IL

I have been interested in rebreathers for a number of years though I haven't done anything more than learn about them.

I have no clear need or goal that would require a rebreather, but I am interested in the technology and mechanics behind a rebreather system. This forum seemed like it had a wealth of information so I joined so that I can learn more about this whole side of diving.

Re: South suburb Chicago, IL

Quote Originally Posted by Aspen22  View Original Post
    I have been interested in rebreathers for a number of years though I haven't done anything more than learn about them.

I have no clear need or goal that would require a rebreather, but I am interested in the technology and mechanics behind a rebreather system. This forum seemed like it had a wealth of information so I joined so that I can learn more about this whole side of diving.
    Well, they usually have a display or two at Our World Underwater. Feb 20-22

Home - Our World Underwater

And, they have a try dive at Ghost Ships Festival. March 20 - 21

Ghost Ships Festival 2009 | Milwaukee, WI

Both Coming up.

Skipbreather usually has some of his stuff on display. Or, I saw it the first time I went up 2 or 3 years ago at the Ghost Ships festival.

If anybody needs some display toy's. Tell me. I might be coming up and could drag a Meg, IDA72, IDA71 up...

Welcome to the pond.

RBW Member jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar's Avatar

Hey,

I'm in the south burbs as well. Not that many people in our area as a whole have rebreathers....or they are in hiding.

This is a great site to start at though.

J

Todd Janquart vtach67 is an unknown quantity at this point vtach67's Avatar
    rEvo III hybrid mini, Sentinel

There will be a bunch of good folk at Ghost Ships this year with CCR's and like already said, they have an event planned to try a few different ones out. You should be able to check out a plethora of CCR's on display like KISS, Ouroboros, Sentinel, Meg, Inspiration, Evolution, Optima, rEvo along with the owners and instructors for Q&A. Its a great show in general.

RBW Member jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar's Avatar

You can also contact UWConnection out of Wisconsin. They do CCR demos locally.

Greg Such also does demos on the Kiss and Sentinel I believe.

J

+ Reply to Thread