+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PG7 Thread Size

Born Again Diver! Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w's Avatar
    Kiss, JJ

Ray, APOC, rEvo

PG7 Thread Size

I remember looking it up a while ago but forgot where. Is the PG7 a specific size, with it's own taps available, or do you use an equivalent thread sized tap?
    Dave

RBW Member Edvin M will become famous soon enough Edvin M will become famous soon enough Edvin M will become famous soon enough Edvin M will become famous soon enough Edvin M's Avatar
    Homebuilt

Re: PG7 Thread Size

it's a specific thread, the outher diameter is 12.5 mm, pitch is 1.27 and drill size for tapping is 11.3mm

Tobin George cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52 is a splendid one to behold cool_hardware52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edvin M  View Original Post
    it's a specific thread, the outher diameter is 12.5 mm, pitch is 1.27 and drill size for tapping is 11.3mm
    I'm not sure what you are trying to match, but......

12.5 mm just under 1/2 inch 12.5mm = .492"

1.27mm = .05" .05 "lead" = 20 tpi

1/2" x 20 tpi is a standard SAE Uniform National Fine (UCF) thread.

Tobin

RBW Member Edvin M will become famous soon enough Edvin M will become famous soon enough Edvin M will become famous soon enough Edvin M will become famous soon enough Edvin M's Avatar
    Homebuilt

Quote Originally Posted by cool_hardware52  View Original Post

Tobin
    ahh.. sorry, didn't think about the UNF, only have tables for metric, UNC and withwort here

Another Dilligaf Diver nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer's Avatar

Maybe it's to do with a rEvo dream!? wake up call for Paul Raymaekers!

Quote Originally Posted by cool_hardware52  View Original Post

Tobin

Born Again Diver! Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w's Avatar
    Kiss, JJ

Ray, APOC, rEvo

Yeah, I have a rEvo dream, I am thinking of using, and tapping a hole in the top of a Ray scrubber. Actually, I did find some more info, and they are 12.5mm, with 20 threads per inch which is in the region of 1.25. I think there is a difference in the profile of the thread, but not sure. Really, I think I would just have to buy a specific tap. They say it is for use with conduit.

Dave

Another Dilligaf Diver nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1w  View Original Post
    Yeah, I have a rEvo dream, I am thinking of using, and tapping a hole in the top of a Ray scrubber. Actually, I did find some more info, and they are 12.5mm, with 20 threads per inch which is in the region of 1.25. I think there is a difference in the profile of the thread, but not sure. Really, I think I would just have to buy a specific tap. They say it is for use with conduit.

Dave
    You could be right Dave, why don't you pm Paul or Martin for confirmation, I know Martin is threading some sensor housings (HO610) in PG7 threads!

Regards...Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1w  View Original Post
    Yeah, I have a rEvo dream, I am thinking of using, and tapping a hole in the top of a Ray scrubber.
    Dave
    Mmmm...does that mean you have the H0850 3 sensor housing from Martin?

RBW Member Scott will become famous soon enough Scott will become famous soon enough Scott will become famous soon enough Scott will become famous soon enough Scott's Avatar
    FrankenLAR

Post Re: PG7 Thread Size

I know this is an old thread, but I was looking for the information so I figured I'd update it a bit.

From this site: MARYLAND METRICS -- THREAD DATA CHARTS (6)

80 Degree profile

Pg Nominal Size Callout: Pg7
    Thread Form Type: Pg
    Major Diameter: 12.50 mm
    Pitch: 1.270 mm
    Threads per inch: 20 tpi
    Pitch Diameter: 11.89 mm
    Minor Diameter Male Thread: 11.28 mm
    Thread Height: 0.61 mm
    Tap Drill Diameter: 11.40 mm

The dedicated taps are about $50 from McMaster in the US and £20 from Engineering Supplies , Taps and Dies, Wire Inserts, Thread Gauges in the UK

-Scott

LAR Addict RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag's Avatar
    LAR VI FGT LAR VI Clone

OMG MK4 CDV and MK4 CSC

Why not just use a metric gland? M12x1,5 is widely available and even smaller. Also one could get very small M6 and M8 glands in brass which are s small you can seal very thin cables with them.

Metric taps are cheap also!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast