+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tank mounting brackets.

Ladies bring a plate Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve's Avatar

Tank mounting brackets.

Iím using the Tiger Gear brackets on my Meg but would like something with a lower profile so I can get the tanks in as close as possible to the unit. Iíve seen the G Snaps and I really like the look of the Metalsub ones but there is no Aussie distributor for them and would have to source an OS provider. Not a biggie but and recommendations would be appreciated. These look kind of cool http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=QuickDrawBracket

What else is out there that is worth looking at?

thanks.
    WARNING: I contain occasional coarse language, extreme sexual references, nudity, and adult themes, which may offend some people - Usually churchy types.

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Re: Tank mounting brackets.

Oxycheq started to sell the G-snaps when Patrick saw it on my MK-15.

Ben is an Oxycheq dealer in Oz.

not RBW staff. EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sports kiss, dolphin

http://www.portlandoceaneering.com

The home of the original G-snap. Im sure ben would happily post to Oz....

/Zak

Reads fine print (mostly) Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather's Avatar
    MEGALODON MK15.5

BMR500 IDA71 IDA64 RGUFM AKA60

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    Iím using the Tiger Gear brackets on my Meg but would like something with a lower profile so I can get the tanks in as close as possible to the unit. Iíve seen the G Snaps and I really like the look of the Metalsub ones but there is no Aussie distributor for them and would have to source an OS provider. Not a biggie but and recommendations would be appreciated. What else is out there that is worth looking at? .
    Hey Steve-

Another option is to make your own. I did. Work great, very adjustable, incredibly strong, very low profile- just 1/3 inch/ 86 mm. Had a 350 lb. (that heíd admit to) guy stand on one and bracket was unscathed. 3 plies of 50-50 Kevlar/ carbon fiber. West system epoxy. I use them w/ soft cam bands but would work fine w/ the stainless steel clamps as well.

Best,
    Ken
    Attached Images

Go DEEP!!!! Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer's Avatar
    MEGALODON

Evolution, KISS GEM

Innovative Scuba www.innovativescuba.com has a X-Bracket, similar to your's Ken but aluminum. This economical pony tank holder utilizes your existing BCD tank strap to hold pony tanks up to 20 cubic feet. Set includes X-Bracket and 2 Small SS stage clamps.

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar

New Member Diver Den is an unknown quantity at this point Diver Den's Avatar

Hi Steve
    I use the northern diver one,s copy of the Metasub they work very well on the Meg, I think they are a lot easier to use, you do have to invert the single tank mounting to use them though.

Dennis Vessey

New Member Diver Den is an unknown quantity at this point Diver Den's Avatar

I,ll try again
    Steve
    I use the Northern Diver one,s copy,s of the Metasub, they work very well and a lot easier to use than the Tigergear, you do have to invert the single tank mounting to use them.

Dennis Vessey

http://patcoinc.com/battery_ponymount.html

I'm wanting to try these. Use one top and bottom. You slide tank on them and then push to but up against the cannister. So, it stay's as clost to the cannister as possible.

I use metalsub now though.

Custom Title Allowed! TordoffR is on a distinguished road TordoffR is on a distinguished road TordoffR's Avatar

You guys mention using stainless steel clamps with the two different versions of the "flying x's" ...maybe two many of these...but you would have to use soft cambands for the tanks, in order to make them removable, right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast