+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Omniswivel Dil MAV

RBW Member oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya's Avatar
    Meg Apecs

KISS Classic

Omniswivel Dil MAV

Omniswivel Dil MAV

Wondering about two things here, because I really like the dual functionality and the streamlining of this solution.

One) Whether anyone's given this gizmo a test drive and how they like it.

B) To where is the loop-facing hose is plumbed? The ADV? Would the pressure just equalize to IP when you hit the button and nothing happen but normal ADV operation or would the increased pressure make inhalation easier somehow? Or, worse, would it increase the pressure in the upstream chamber and make it so you COULDN'T inhale?
    Last edited by oya; 13th February 2009 at 12:59.

RBW Member kopaz is on a distinguished road kopaz is on a distinguished road kopaz's Avatar
    rEvo II

Re: Omniswivel Dil MAV

the add valve acts just like the adv, but manual.

the output is the hose without the shutoff in the photo. this is attached to an open p-port on the exhale side.

RBW Master Plumber lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Meg,Prizm,RB80,LARV,MK15,HomeB

On my system the loop facing hose is plumbed directly into T-pieces of my BMCLs
    One for O2 and one for Dil.
    Push button, add gas.

RBW Member oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya's Avatar
    Meg Apecs

KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by kopaz  View Original Post
    this is attached to an open p-port on the exhale side.
    You're referring to the plugged "old" O2 port?

Quote Originally Posted by lof  View Original Post
    T-pieces
    T-piece?

Like this?
    Last edited by oya; 13th February 2009 at 16:46.

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

Quote Originally Posted by oya  View Original Post
    You could do that too. Search the forum. It has been done before using modified BC add valve.
    But I guess he was refering to something like that on Ron's website: CCR Dolphin Alan Studley's Kiss.
    Best
    Philippe

RBW Master Plumber lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Meg,Prizm,RB80,LARV,MK15,HomeB

Quote Originally Posted by oya  View Original Post

T-piece?

Like this?
    That would be a teepee and peace pipe you are mixing up, although you could pipe some O2 there to improve combustion.
    I meant those thingies on your shoulders that connect loop hoses to the counterlungs.
    Oh, wait you do not have those on your rig. Just drill few holes in the side of the can, tap them with 3/8" and you are good to go :)

RBW Member cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron's Avatar
    KISS Classic

I just got one of these. I will be running it so the valve adds gas to the extra 02 port while the open leg is plumbed to the BOV. This will allow off board gas to always be on at the BOV whie still being able to get gas into the unit for SCR bailout.

I'll let you know how it works out, once I get home to play with it

Cam

Meg Apecs

KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by cameron  View Original Post
    I just got one of these. I will be running it so the valve adds gas to the extra 02 port while the open leg is plumbed to the BOV. This will allow off board gas to always be on at the BOV whie still being able to get gas into the unit for SCR bailout.

I'll let you know how it works out, once I get home to play with it

Cam
    How'd it work out for you? Did you manage to strangle yourself with a hose going from the MAV to the BOV?

+ Reply to Thread