View Poll Results: Do you find the advertisement on the left of the screen annoying?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

144 75.00%
  • No

48 25.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Vote...new Ad on left of screen

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Vote...new Ad on left of screen

I noticed today a new advertisement appearing on the left side of the RBW screen. I usually do a search of all new post and it appears. It's currently an advertisement for Golem Gear with drops of water falling.

I find it very annoying in this location. Anyone else feel the same?

Nothing to do with the subject just the location as the one at the top right does not bother me.

John
    Last edited by jkaterenchuk; 13th February 2009 at 02:41.

RBW Member kiwidiver will become famous soon enough kiwidiver will become famous soon enough kiwidiver will become famous soon enough kiwidiver's Avatar
    evo+,deep pursuit

Re: Vote...new Ad on left of screen

How much advertising can you really stuff onto one screen.It is stupid and annoying get rid of it.

RBW Member kopaz is on a distinguished road kopaz is on a distinguished road kopaz's Avatar
    rEvo II

any add with motion is annoying and should not be allowed.

RBW Member Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen's Avatar

This is just a test, since RBW is live this is the only way we can see things once completed. I agree, the motion is not good.

-linda

Shearwater Copis Diver Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy's Avatar
    Copis Meg and rEvo III

Evolution

I hate advertising in general, but I figure if it helps the sight be financially viable, then sure, particularly since it's on the home page, wich I spend about half a second on each time I check for new posts.

I kind of find the add somewhat novel compared to most i've seen, but then again I like water and cryptic messages. Annoying was the KISS add that was run on scubaboard for so long.

as long as an add like the golem one doesn't make it onto the posting page, i'm ok with it.

g

Gill Envy

Shearwater Copis Diver Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy's Avatar
    Copis Meg and rEvo III

Evolution

I hate advertising in general, but I figure if it helps the sight be financially viable, then sure, particularly since it's on the home page, wich I spend about half a second on each time I check for new posts.

I kind of find the add somewhat novel compared to most i've seen, but then again I like water and cryptic messages. Annoying was the KISS add they ran on scubaboard for so long.

if add like this could be kept off the main posting pages, i'd be fine with it.

g

Gill Envy

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

While it's different from what we might be used to... I am fine with what Curt and the team choose to do to run the site... That being said, lots of motion on the left hand side of the screen after a night out on the town may make checking RBW a little risky... So keep the ad.... limit the motion... or... ugly things could happen after a night of to much if anyone doubts this we can test it after the RBW festivities at BTS....

Dive Safe...

Mark

RBW Member digital_steve is an unknown quantity at this point digital_steve's Avatar

It's annoying, but you need to cover costs somehow.

RBW Master Plumber lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Meg,Prizm,RB80,LARV,MK15,HomeB

Quote Originally Posted by diverklondike  View Original Post
    While it's different from what we might be used to... I am fine with what Curt and the team choose to do to run the site... That being said, lots of motion on the left hand side of the screen after a night out on the town may make checking RBW a little risky... So keep the ad.... limit the motion... or... ugly things could happen after a night of to much if anyone doubts this we can test it after the RBW festivities at BTS....

Dive Safe...

Mark
    THAT I can understand. Changed to rock solid banner.
    :)

RBW Member cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron's Avatar
    KISS Classic

You get what you pay for guys, if you don't like it gather your rebreather information elsewhere. How about Curt makes this a member site with a yearly membership? 50 bucks a year. Then you wouldn't have to deal with any ads.

I for one can put up with the guy trying to make some cash while providing a valuable service to the community.

Christ look at scubaboard, RBW is tame in comparison.

Cam

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast