+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Reader Comments and Questions...

Administrator ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE's Avatar

Reader Comments and Questions...

To our members:

We hope to be able to use this particular forum for comments and questions from you as interested readers.

We ask your patience in advance, since all three of us travel, and are involved in other projects. We will try, depending upon the subject of your enquiry, to have it answered in a reasonable amount of time.

We thank you for your interest! :D

Rob, Tracy, and Bruce
    Last edited by ROB DAVIE; 12th December 2005 at 22:19.

Administrator ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE's Avatar

Re: Reader Comments and Questions...

My apologies to Genesis. He was quick on the draw with the following questions, but in the midst of re-arranging the forum, I wiped out his post.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis
    Pricing, availability, sales policies, and is the bridge interface documented and available without a deco/controller (e.g. can one "roll their own" on the base unit)....

For openers of course :)
    The answers are these, at the moment:

(1) Pricing will not be finalized until after the end of January. It can be stated, however, that it WILL be very competitive, given the inclusive nature of the package.

(2) The unit will be available for sale in the Spring of this coming year.

(3) Sales policies will be industry standard. The unit will, of course, not be delivered to the owner until successful completion of training.

(4) The bridge unit is proprietary. It is part and parcel of the decompression computer set-up, and will not be supplied separately. (Sorry, all of you home-builders out there! :o )
    Last edited by ROB DAVIE; 12th December 2005 at 23:22.

Bubbless Box of Death Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis's Avatar

LOL! Ok....

Kill my double-post please - somehow things got in the wrong order and I thought perhaps it had "disappeared", so I resubmitted it! :)

Genesis, sorry about that! Hope those answers filled the bill.

Rob

Bubbless Box of Death Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis's Avatar

Yep - not what I was hoping for, but that's cool - it'll be interesting to see how delivery leadtimes and pricing end up....

The proprietary nature of the bridge is a potential deal-killer for me - and not just due to my desire to graft in my own controller. It also makes that part one which can turn the unit into a paperweight if it fails and is not available for any reason in the future. I'm also curious about what would make it patentable..... (what makes it both unique and novel isn't clear at all from what's in the brochure; indeed, nothing appears either novel or unique from what I read there.....)

Genesis,

Sorry, my mistake on the patent pending. Wrong device.

The unit will operate without the bridge in its other forms, and the bridge will be available for many years to come.

Rob
    Last edited by ROB DAVIE; 12th December 2005 at 23:32.

Thanks for the clarification - will keep an eye open as this one develops.

CEO-Shearwater
    bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri's Avatar
    rEvo, JJ

Meg,CCR2000,KISS,Inspo,Dolphin

The bridge module is a low tech isolation box. It could be replaced with wire if it were necessary.

Although the function is one that's been around for decades, it's they way it is implemented that I like.

Tracy has set it up so that you can do away with everything else and just plug any one of the displays into the head directly. Or you can have the bridge module connected to the head, and plug everything else into the bridge module. The key is that each device is potted separately and has its own battery so that you can plug in from one to three displays (PPO2 LCD, Deco Computer, or HUD). And you can plug something into the fourth sensor connector too.

I gives you a lot of flexibility if you're in Timbuktu and a set of twins gets dropped on your system.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance. It is the illusion of knowledge.
    http://www.shearwater.com

Interesting...... thanks....

New Member macdiver is an unknown quantity at this point macdiver's Avatar

Since all of the readouts (computer, secondary, hud) are connected to the sensors via the bridge, is it possible for the bridge to fail and loose all three systems?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast