+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pool jet installation

Now showing as "Dean Coote" Numpty diver will become famous soon enough Numpty diver will become famous soon enough Numpty diver will become famous soon enough Numpty diver will become famous soon enough Numpty diver's Avatar

Pool jet installation

Im Getting my atlantis mk 1 ready for pool duty, max depth 2m.
    Ive got a pool jet unused from my dolphin spares, are there any considerations for fitting it to the bypass of the atlanti , How many ltrs min will the jet give, any other advice please ?
    Dean

Custom Title Allowed! Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef's Avatar

Re: Pool jet installation

I believe the Dolphin set up is similar to the Atty, if there is a difference feel free to ignore me.

By pool jet do you mean the 100% O2 jet? You wouldn't fit it to the bypass but replace one of the dose jets. The flow rate is 1.6 L/min IIRC, the TecMe page may have a bit more info.

Now showing as "Dean Coote" Numpty diver will become famous soon enough Numpty diver will become famous soon enough Numpty diver will become famous soon enough Numpty diver will become famous soon enough Numpty diver's Avatar

Hi David
    Thanks for reply , were did you get information from ?
    With the Atlantis i was also concerned about the material the lungs are made of.
    Any idea how i test flow rate of the pool jet / 100% dose jet .
    Would like to turn the 1.6ltr down.. 1tr would be nice maybe even .8 .
    What do you think ?
    Cheers
    Dean

Custom Title Allowed! Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef has a brilliant future Freef's Avatar

This thread:

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=8230

The flow rate is set the same as the others [in the factory with a ruby and a laser] and is non adjustable.

Thank you
    Dean

RBW Member MatV is a jewel in the rough MatV is a jewel in the rough MatV is a jewel in the rough MatV is a jewel in the rough MatV is a jewel in the rough MatV is a jewel in the rough MatV is a jewel in the rough MatV's Avatar

[quote=Numpty diver;239919]Hi David
    Thanks for reply , were did you get information from ?
    With the Atlantis i was also concerned about the material the lungs are made of.
    Any idea how i test flow rate of the pool jet / 100% dose jet .
    Would like to turn the 1.6ltr down.. 1tr would be nice maybe even .8 .

Hi.
    Just take another fixed pressure first stage with an IP matched to meet your target. CMF should vary linearly with drive pressure.

Matthias

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar

If you're using pure O2 then couldn't you just blank off the connection to the orifice and run it off the bypass? Loss of lung volume would trip the ADV and keep the loop topped up.

RBW Member Bosh is an unknown quantity at this point Bosh's Avatar
    Atlantis mCCR

2 gas Atlantis SCR, Homebuilt

If you would like a lower flowrate, lower the IP of your Atlantis first stage to the desired flow. Your ADV will work, though it will be somewhat harder to trigger.
    That way you will still keep the built in IP creep should the jet be blocked by accident.
    As Stewart suggests use the ADV only. But as i understand you, the intention is to use the Atlantis for pure o2 only ? In that case you have no other use for the Atlantis first stage anyway.

If you use a Dolphin inhale lung you can add an oxygauge. Seems you have both, as i do :)

What are your concerns regarding the Counterlungs. I always liked the fact that i can see if they are clean or not, but they are not as easily repaired as the Dolphin CLs. And the heavy fittings tend to punch holes in them when dropped

Best regards

Bo

+ Reply to Thread