+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pain after scotering...

RBW Member Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko's Avatar
    HH Inspiration / Joki

Dolphin, Megalodon, RGU

Pain after scotering...

Hi

After 45 minutes scotering, i always have pain in my right shoulder.

I've try with one stage in each side and very bad, and with two stages in one side and even worse.

I've try with diferent distance from the scooter and can't find the right solution.

Can someone point me whe way?

Thanks

Mikel

Underwater Speleologist ARGYRIS is a jewel in the rough ARGYRIS is a jewel in the rough ARGYRIS is a jewel in the rough ARGYRIS is a jewel in the rough ARGYRIS is a jewel in the rough ARGYRIS is a jewel in the rough ARGYRIS is a jewel in the rough ARGYRIS is a jewel in the rough ARGYRIS's Avatar

Re: Pain after scotering...

Hi,
    What scooter do you have?

Argyris

RBW Member Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko's Avatar
    HH Inspiration / Joki

Dolphin, Megalodon, RGU

HI
    A Farallon but modified to be "two behind".

So, it is like a silent... well really it is better:D

Best
    Mikel

Now showing as "Dean Coote" Numpty diver will become famous soon enough Numpty diver will become famous soon enough Numpty diver will become famous soon enough Numpty diver will become famous soon enough Numpty diver's Avatar

Does your suit fit correctly ?
    Dean

RBW Member IN468 will become famous soon enough IN468 will become famous soon enough IN468 will become famous soon enough IN468 will become famous soon enough IN468's Avatar
    Ouroboros #35

Maybe your shoulder straps of your harness are little different, so you have more load on your right shoulder, had this issue sometimes

Underwater Speleologist ARGYRIS is a jewel in the rough ARGYRIS is a jewel in the rough ARGYRIS is a jewel in the rough ARGYRIS is a jewel in the rough ARGYRIS is a jewel in the rough ARGYRIS is a jewel in the rough ARGYRIS is a jewel in the rough ARGYRIS is a jewel in the rough ARGYRIS's Avatar

Maybe your shoulder straps of your harness are little different, so you have more load on your right shoulder, had this issue sometimes. I agree!

Check your shoulder webbing. Is it one piece (hogarthian/dir style)? Probably you have to loose it if it is to tight. Can you take it off your harnes from the right shoulder using chcken wing tecnigue? If no then it is to tight.

Hope that helps.

Argyris

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

I've had that a few times with my X. At the begining I needed to adjust the right shoulder strap (too short by 1cm), I changed from slig to sidemount tanks (one each side) and drop by about 2-4 cm the RB on my back.
    Then I started notice that everytime I scootered I had pain in my left wrist. Off course, before and after the dive on land I carry my scooter with my left hand and sometimes twist my wrist when loading/unloading it. Do you carry you Farallon on your right shoulder before/after the dive? It may just be that.
    Best
    Philippe

HH Inspiration / Joki

Dolphin, Megalodon, RGU

Hi
    Thank all for the replays...

I think that my suit fits me OK...

I never/ever carry my scooter with one hand. First of all because it is too heavy and second because it is too long for me, so it will be draging behind me.

I've a system in my arnes that i can adjust both of my sholder strap. It is homemade but works great.

I think that must be something about the strenght that i've to make agaist the rotation "want" that the scooter have.

I don't know how to explain it better.

Just say that i leave the hanger of the scooter for a moment. The scooter stars rotating on its axis, so i've to hold this power all the time.

I've been thinking of adding some kind of stabilizer in the front.

What do you think? Does it will work?

Thanks

Mikel

Nearly Bubbleless Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz's Avatar
    Halcyon RB80

Hi Mikel,

I might be stating something totally obvious to you, and if so, I apologize.
    I'm not familiar with the tow behind Farallon, but with other tow behind scooters like the Gavin/SS/X, you need to adjust the weight and trim of the scooter so that it's nearly perfect.

When I let go of my scooter, it stays in almost the same position that I let go of it for quite some time.
    When I ride it, it takes only one finger to hold it to track straight.
    Turning it should require some effort, but not overly so.

If your scooter is overly negative or positive, or if it isn't trimmed well and doesn't track well, you'll be fighting it constantly and that could lead to the symptoms you describe.

Hope that helps.

Steve

Now showing as "Dean Coote" Numpty diver will become famous soon enough Numpty diver will become famous soon enough Numpty diver will become famous soon enough Numpty diver will become famous soon enough Numpty diver's Avatar

Lots of people when they start getting old will resort to a scooter, saves the poor old legs !!
    Is it that your getting on a bit ?

sorry couldnt resist .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast