+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First Stage configuration..?

RBW Member dykkermads is an unknown quantity at this point dykkermads's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.7

Re: First Stage configuration..?

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Tekdive  View Original Post
    http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=24457

I know its a kiss but I just did these mods to run hoses straight up... simialar thing. My buddy just de-inverted his tanks to help with his trim and the hose routing looks nice on his machine as well...elminates all the 90's I have...

I think I am willing to choose a few 90's with o-rings over crappy hose routing...the o-ring will most likely fail when first put in or when first pressurized...
    That was exactly what I imagined. I know that this configuration adds more O-rings to the unit, but it is a cheap solution as rotating the tanks doesn't solve my problem.

Thanks for the many replies so far. Keep the ideas comming and trow some green around for the inputs. Awsome forum!

/Mads

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dykkermads  View Original Post
    That was exactly what I imagined. I know that this configuration adds more O-rings to the unit, but it is a cheap solution as rotating the tanks doesn't solve my problem.

Thanks for the many replies so far. Keep the ideas comming and trow some green around for the inputs. Awsome forum!

/Mads
    Well, it may not be popular.... Loose the SPG's or switch to mini's on the reg...

19 cuft is more than enough for 4-5 hours of diving with a healthy reserve for minor possible leaking and checking between dives.... The only way your going to use more is a catastrophic gas loss scenario; which you'll hear, or your buddy will tell you about, to abort the dive....

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

I use the TX 50 1st stages ( with the pivotable head) works perfect for me.

RBW Member offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro's Avatar
    rEvo, FGT, Boris

Meg

Quote Originally Posted by Fun Under Pressure  View Original Post
    I use the TX 50 1st stages ( with the pivotable head) works perfect for me.
    Apeks DST?

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Quote Originally Posted by netmage  View Original Post
    Lance,

Having re-usable ends with custom lengths... can you buy LP hose by the spool? Or at least bulk-ish quantities to keep costs down?
    I suppose you can but the only reusable ends I am aware of the are 3/8" UNF end and the larger end which goes into a second stage. You can buy adapters to go to a DIN fitting but it starts getting bulky and messy.....Not to mention the cost!!!

Most of the time it's just easier to trim the existing hose and fit the reusable end.

Regards,

Lance

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by offpro  View Original Post
    Apeks DST?
    Yep i think thats right.

RBW Member womble has a spectacular aura about womble has a spectacular aura about womble has a spectacular aura about womble has a spectacular aura about womble has a spectacular aura about womble has a spectacular aura about womble's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Meg

The Meg used to ship with Scubapro Mk2 1st stages as standard, and it used to come with HP swivels on both sides. I have a number of buddies that still use these 1st stages with HP swwivels without any problems, despite many people having changed their 1st stages to Apeks.

RBW Member dykkermads is an unknown quantity at this point dykkermads's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.7

I know that the MK 1.stages were delivered with swivels, and that is where I got the idea in the first place. They make the routing very comfortable.

ATB

/Mads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2