+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First Stage configuration..?

RBW Member dykkermads is an unknown quantity at this point dykkermads's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.7

First Stage configuration..?

Hi Divers.

I have a question regarding the setup of the 1. stages on my Meg.

I'm currently using Apeks DS4 1. stages and want to obtain a better hose routing as I'm trying to keep the unit as low profile as possible, and my current setup hardly allows the hose to fit between the unit and the wing/BP.
    I know that the obvious choice would be buying Tek3 first stages, but they are expensive.

I have been looking at installing pivots on the 1.stages, both HP and LP. This would give me the clearance that I want, but is adding more gear and O-rings to the configuration safe? I know that the 1.stages pg the unit doesn't have a high performance rate compared to OC, but still.

Any experiences with this? Make me wiser.

Thanks

/Mads

RBW Member offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro's Avatar
    rEvo, FGT, Boris

Meg

Re: First Stage configuration..?

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Hi Mads,

New Megs are now shipped with APEKS DS4 first stages. The hose routing is not really a mystery.....

Here is a pic of my O2 first stage with a Rasmus O2 flowstop on the solenoid hose.....The dil is pretty much configured the same but without the flowstop.

Regards,

Lance

Meg 002.jpg

RBW Member dykkermads is an unknown quantity at this point dykkermads's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.7

Hi Lance.

Mine is configured the same way as yours, even with the o2 shut-off valve. Only problem is that I use shortened hoses as I dive with the shorter Cave Meg. This makes the metal clamps at the end of the hoses longer which results int the hoses sticking further into the backplate.

I know that I have the option of pulling the tanks further back wards, but again, in an effort to keep the units profiles as low as possible, I was looking for other solutions.

Does this make any sense at all?

/Mads

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Quote Originally Posted by dykkermads  View Original Post
    Hi Lance.

Mine is configured the same way as yours, even with the o2 shut-off valve. Only problem is that I use shortened hoses as I dive with the shorter Cave Meg. This makes the metal clamps at the end of the hoses longer which results int the hoses sticking further into the backplate.

I know that I have the option of pulling the tanks further back wards, but again, in an effort to keep the units profiles as low as possible, I was looking for other solutions.

Does this make any sense at all?

/Mads
    Hi Mads,

Why don't you get some re-usable hose ends and make your hoses to suit and then they will fit perfectly.......Just like I do with my manifolds.....

Regards,

Lance

Manifold Hoses 014.jpg

Manifold Hoses 012.jpg

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

De-inverting your tanks might be a solution and help with trim.

John

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

Rotate your tanks so the valve points 45° toward the front when compare with the picture above, so the metal parts don't stick so far out toward the wing but toward the canister.
    Hope this helps.
    Best
    Philippe

Life starts at 100 rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo's Avatar
    Pelagian DCCCR

Classic KISS, Megalodon

Quote Originally Posted by jkaterenchuk  View Original Post
    De-inverting your tanks might be a solution and help with trim.

John

Second that!:)

/Roger

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer4545  View Original Post
    Hi Mads,

Why don't you get some re-usable hose ends and make your hoses to suit and then they will fit perfectly.......Just like I do with my manifolds.....

Regards,

Lance

Attachment 12716

Attachment 12715
    Lance,

Having re-usable ends with custom lengths... can you buy LP hose by the spool? Or at least bulk-ish quantities to keep costs down?

Train Wrecked Canadian Tekdive has a spectacular aura about Canadian Tekdive has a spectacular aura about Canadian Tekdive has a spectacular aura about Canadian Tekdive has a spectacular aura about Canadian Tekdive has a spectacular aura about Canadian Tekdive has a spectacular aura about Canadian Tekdive's Avatar
    rEvo hccr

KISS CLASSIC

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=24457

I know its a kiss but I just did these mods to run hoses straight up... simialar thing. My buddy just de-inverted his tanks to help with his trim and the hose routing looks nice on his machine as well...elminates all the 90's I have...

I think I am willing to choose a few 90's with o-rings over crappy hose routing...the o-ring will most likely fail when first put in or when first pressurized...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast