+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Adding a signature

RBW Member Dive_Diva is an unknown quantity at this point Dive_Diva's Avatar

Adding a signature

I'm probably being completely dumb and missing something crucial but I can't see an option in my UCP to add a signature?

'elp! Please! :)

Casual Sport Kiss Pilot RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut's Avatar
    Sport Kiss

Re: Adding a signature

Is this what you are talking about?

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=23524

cheers,

RBN

RBW Member Dive_Diva is an unknown quantity at this point Dive_Diva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RebreatherNut  View Original Post
    Is this what you are talking about?

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=23524

cheers,

RBN
    Ahhhhh! That explains it nicely - thanks RBN! :)

RBW Member edenfeldt will become famous soon enough edenfeldt will become famous soon enough edenfeldt will become famous soon enough edenfeldt's Avatar

Why am I not allowed a signature? In the link above…when it still worked you could read it took 50 posts to earn the right to a signature…I have 50 posts so how do I get a signature? Help needed….

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar

To get a signature now you need to be a supporting member.

RBW Member edenfeldt will become famous soon enough edenfeldt will become famous soon enough edenfeldt will become famous soon enough edenfeldt's Avatar

Ok this is not to clear. I have been searching the forum for some time trying to first of all find out why I could not get a signature, then find out that you have to have 50 posts, then become a supporting member, and then try to find out what this costs and where I can register. Well I found out trough older posts that you can register under your Control Panel, lower left, link Paid Subscription.

$50 for a one year membership…what else then a signature do you get? If you don’t get any other privileges I think its quit expensive. Come on 50$ for a signature…!!?

Phil Siswick, Tango PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

APD Inspiration, Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by edenfeldt  View Original Post
    Ok this is not to clear. I have been searching the forum for some time trying to first of all find out why I could not get a signature, then find out that you have to have 50 posts, then become a supporting member, and then try to find out what this costs and where I can register. Well I found out trough older posts that you can register under your Control Panel, lower left, link Paid Subscription.

$50 for a one year membership…what else then a signature do you get? If you don’t get any other privileges I think its quit expensive. Come on 50$ for a signature…!!?
    You get lots more PMs too

The point of membership isn't about what you get for it - it's about supporting RBW. I decided to support (3rd year now, I think) because I feel that RBW has more than returned that small investment for me and I am very happy that it's remained around. You may not see it that way - it's a free world.

Cheers,

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

The $50 is for a RBW membership.

Becoming a member shows your appreciation and dedication towards a web site that provides you with an immense resource about rebreathers, an area to make business connections, and a location to meet others who are interested in rebreathers from around the globe, just like you. A membership also helps fund the site that you enjoy that costs thousands of dollars annually to operate and countless man hours to maintain.
    The signature line is a bonus for those supporting members and it is 100% free.

I see your point Curt and no the 50$ is not a huge amount. I just think that it should be free, but that’s just me. And also to say that the site needs the money to keep it running…well I don’t know what you are paying for server storage and domains over in the US but the basic cost is not that high. But then it is the man hours spent maintaining the site, and that costs a lot more I get that.
    But the large amount of advertising on this site should pay you enough money to keep it running and make some from it…I don’t think you are giving all the advertising space away for free ;)
    I am just comparing to other sites I am involved in that is keep free for the users thanks to the add space on the sites.

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

I see your point Curt and no the 50$ is not a huge amount. I just think that it should be free, but that’s just me. And also to say that the site needs the money to keep it running…well I don’t know what you are paying for server storage and domains over in the US but the basic cost is not that high. But then it is the man hours spent maintaining the site, and that costs a lot more I get that.
    But the large amount of advertising on this site should pay you enough money to keep it running and make some from it…I don’t think you are giving all the advertising space away for free ;)
    I am just comparing to other sites I am involved in that is keep free for the users thanks to the add space on the sites.
    Do you go to work and not take any type of pay check or wish to get ahead a little so that your family can have food on the table, clothing on their backs, and a good education for your children?

RBW is one of my jobs, just as is the Fire Department I work for and Advanced Diver Magazine. All these are businesses that provide for my family.

More money coming in means much more than just covering the costs. More money allows RBW to do more, provide more to its members such as free t-shirts, booths at dive shows, party events, discounted CCR travel, expansion, etc. Without money none of this happens including RBW.