+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HUD's

Made in England. Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk.'s Avatar
    Viale C.Colombo 75 Marina di Carrara. MS 54036 Italy

HUD's

Speaking for a buddy inspiration.

If one wanted a heads up display on an inspiration, choosing a vision upgrade, would you not keep the warranty of the machine and the CE certificate, if so why do so many people appear to be choosing other makes/models, thereby voiding the warranty on their machines?

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Re: HUD's

I can only guess ...
    - Vision upgrade is quite expensive
    - Vision upgrade not easily available
    - unit's already out of warranty
    - any change (like replacing Auto Air) voids CE ...
    - different electronics layout (like HH, 1 controller & 1 monitor) preferred

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Nick uk.
    Speaking for a buddy inspiration.

If one wanted a heads up display on an inspiration, choosing a vision upgrade, would you not keep the warranty of the machine and the CE certificate, if so why do so many people appear to be choosing other makes/models, thereby voiding the warranty on their machines?
    The Warranty is non transferable and only lasts 12months and i am more worried about staying alive than meeting European regulations :D

Vision upgrade £2900 and they havent realy got it working yet
    Hammer Head £1650 and aparently they have
    Uri HUD £ 750 Not exaxtly problem free but simple to fix

ATB

Mark Chase

Made in England. Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk.'s Avatar
    Viale C.Colombo 75 Marina di Carrara. MS 54036 Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chase
    The Warranty is non transferable and only lasts 12months and i am more worried about staying alive than meeting European regulations :D

Vision upgrade £2900 and they havent realy got it working yet
    Hammer Head £1650 and aparently they have
    Uri HUD £ 750 Not exaxtly problem free but simple to fix

ATB

Mark Chase

Ok, this is quite a convincing argument! :D

What do you mean by the vision eletronics not 'working' yet? any specific problems?

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

just two more months, and they're on the market: the rEvodream

two cell gauge/hud, backlight, switch-free, auto-callibration, changeble 'green-zone', 150m, auto-off, ...

complete soft-ware settable: one or two cell's, backlight continues or 15 sec after you tap on the unit, yes or no auto-off (15 min with PPO2< 0.5), green-zone between 1.25 and 1.40 or 0.95/1.10, leds on/off (to save batterie)

pictures of the prototypes beiing used at the moment: in the serie-model, the LCD is located in the middle

http://www.fr.smartgroups.com/pictur...lbumID=5905817

endprice: 380 euro plus taxes/transport

the unit is meanth as O2 gauge for a mCCR, together with a second measuring device, as computer with cell or other gauge.
    It can also be used as hud on an existing eCCR, I would in that case only use one cell, keeping two other cells non-touched, suppose a complete cable-cut of the added unit, it would not interfere with the working of the basic unit. Monitoring one cell by means of a HUD on a eCCR with voting logic gives you a far higher protection, (just analyse all possible failures, and the 'likelyhoud' of each)

I'll keep you informed

paul
    Last edited by paulraymaekers; 12th December 2005 at 08:05.

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Nick uk.
    What do you mean by the vision electronics not 'working' yet? any specific problems?

Just search around on here and you will find them. In out group we have two classics and 6 Visions. I have seen most of the failures people are experiencing on the Vision/Evo first hand. On one famous dive we had so many missed deco alarms going off at the same time no one could tell which units were failing. The bloom on the hand set :D prevented reading that as errrrrr we were still on the boat and hadn't even done the dive yet. Turned out all 6 Visions had failed together.

There have been numerous software upgrades to fix the problems but still more problems keep cropping up. I am sure they will sort it but it remains to be seen how long that will take.

To be fair I have herd about problems with other Deco system ECCRs as well on units like the Shearwater Electronics on the Meg so this new type of unit does appear to have teething troubles. The meg problems were confirmed by two of the team I will be diving with next year who both got SWMegs late last year. Apparently they were sorted and they have been offered a free upgrade to the Apex2 when it comes out so pretty good service from the supplier.

ATB

Mark Chase

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chase
    Turned out all 6 Visions had failed together.
    Mark,

Could you elaborate more about the specifics of these failures ?

Were the 6 Evo units on Nitrox or Trimix software ?

This is news to me since I only aware of the time-keeping issue with the Nitrox software.

New Member ccscuba has a spectacular aura about ccscuba has a spectacular aura about ccscuba has a spectacular aura about ccscuba has a spectacular aura about ccscuba has a spectacular aura about ccscuba's Avatar

No software problems on ouroboros.
    Interestingly, just read the review of Nick's CIS by Ron Micjan - very good article. I dive with Nick and Mark, who both dive CIS and a lot of the features on the CIS are present in Boris - which you'd expect, I guess, given the amount of time that Kevin spent with Bill Stone and the mark iv/v design.
    Still some really good stuff on the CIS which is just not available any more, mostly the hydrophobic can and the gas block, but I think Boris is pretty close.
    I've got an 80% finished review/contrast with inspo on my pc, if anyone's interested I could finish it off and ask one of the administrators to post it.

Martin

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Martin, thanks for the offer. I certainly am intrested, I'm sure others are.
    The Inspiration is a well known entity, the Ouroboros much less so.
    For publication best contact louby-lou who administers the library. :)

Confectioner to N@90 Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caveseeker7
    Martin, thanks for the offer. I certainly am intrested, I'm sure others are.
    The Inspiration is a well known entity, the Ouroboros much less so.
    For publication best contact louby-lou who administers the library. :)
    And if by magic, I appear...... ;)

Thanks Stefan :D

Martin

We would love to publish your article in the library section of RBW. I am in the process of uploading and formatting the articles from the old site but would really like to put your article up as soon as; if you would like us too?

Just drop me a PM and I'll let you know my email address and what is the best way to send it etc...

Thanks

Lou

PS: Sorry for the thread hi-jack :D