+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 63

Thread: Study of Health of Rebreather Divers

  1. #11
    RBW Member MAC431 is an unknown quantity at this point MAC431's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    7

    Re: Study of Health of Rebreather Divers

    Complete & sent.

  2. #12
    RBW Member mixedgas is an unknown quantity at this point mixedgas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    139
    Sentinel-Meg-Dolphin

    Re: Study of Health of Rebreather Divers

    will be sent in a few minutes.....

  3. #13
    RBW Member SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Whitby
    Posts
    220

    Re: Study of Health of Rebreather Divers

    Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas  View Original Post
    will be sent in a few minutes.....
    Thanks to all who have responded so far to the call.

    40 responses from rebreather divers so far which is not bad in the first day.

    Just another 460 to go. ;)

    Steve

  4. #14
    Martin Gregory Clerkin MGC has a spectacular aura about MGC has a spectacular aura about MGC has a spectacular aura about MGC has a spectacular aura about MGC has a spectacular aura about MGC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nr Whitby
    Posts
    172
    rEvoIII

    Hammer Meg, Meg, Kiss, Inspo

    Re: Study of Health of Rebreather Divers

    Done Steve :D

  5. #15
    RBW Member SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Whitby
    Posts
    220

    Re: Study of Health of Rebreather Divers

    Please take time to complete a questionnaire if you haven't already done so.

    Best Wishes,

    Steve

  6. #16
    Wael AL-Jareh Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    International Waters
    Posts
    680
    Inspiration Vision with BOB

    Ray, Evolution, Insp. Classic

    Re: Study of Health of Rebreather Divers

    Hi Doc,


    How long time are you giving to collect the information before making a preliminary report?


    BR. Wael

  7. #17
    RBW Member Ivan Calcoen is a jewel in the rough Ivan Calcoen is a jewel in the rough Ivan Calcoen is a jewel in the rough Ivan Calcoen is a jewel in the rough Ivan Calcoen is a jewel in the rough Ivan Calcoen is a jewel in the rough Ivan Calcoen is a jewel in the rough Ivan Calcoen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    226
    Apocalypse mCCR

    Dräger Dolphin SCR to mCCR

    Re: Study of Health of Rebreather Divers

    Sent, good luck

  8. #18
    RBW Member SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Whitby
    Posts
    220

    Re: Study of Health of Rebreather Divers

    Quote Originally Posted by Brainx3  View Original Post
    Hi Doc,


    How long time are you giving to collect the information before making a preliminary report?


    BR. Wael
    Hi Wael,

    In the medical field, to have any credibilty and authority, a research project has to be published in a peer reviewed journal. This ensures that the research has been rigorous, the results are accurate and the conclusions sound. The down side is that this is not a swift process. Once the data is collected and analysed I will submit a draft paper to a journal who will then have it reviewed by other people active in this field. If that goes smoothly then it is listed for publication.

    Understandably people in the internet age expect almost immediate results from this type of work and I am sorry that the process takes so long but to publish on the net without peer reviewing is not good science.

    Best Wishes,

    Steve
    Last edited by SteveJ; 21st January 2009 at 13:16.

  9. #19
    Wael AL-Jareh Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    International Waters
    Posts
    680
    Inspiration Vision with BOB

    Ray, Evolution, Insp. Classic

    Re: Study of Health of Rebreather Divers

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ  View Original Post
    Hi Wael,

    In the medical field, to have any credibilty and authority, a research project has to be published in a peer reviewed journal. This ensures that the research has been rigorous, the results are accurate and the conclusions sound. The down side is that this is not a swift process. Once the data is collected and analysed I will submit a draft paper to a journal who will then have it reviewed by other people active in this field. If that goes smoothly then it is listed for publication.

    Understandably people in the internet age expect almost immediate results from this type of work and I am sorry that the process takes so long but to publish on the net without peer reviewing is not science.

    Best Wishes,

    Steve

    Hi Doc,


    Thanks for the reply. I understand that the process might be more complicated than what it shows, but can you give a time estimation?


    Thanks again. Wael

  10. #20
    RBW Member SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Whitby
    Posts
    220

    Re: Study of Health of Rebreather Divers

    Quote Originally Posted by Brainx3  View Original Post
    Hi Doc,


    Thanks for the reply. I understand that the process might be more complicated than what it shows, but can you give a time estimation?


    Thanks again. Wael
    Months not weeks Wael.

    Best Wishes,

    Steve

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts