+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Study of Health of Rebreather Divers

Shearwater Copis Diver Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy's Avatar
    Copis Meg and rEvo III

Evolution

Re: Study of Health of Rebreather Divers

Quote Originally Posted by jradomski  View Original Post
    ... but why not extend it to what agency they were trained by.. if you did that for ANDI we have 0 fatalities among our CCR trained divers...
    Not to belabor the point, BUT, If a training organization that certifies a significant number of eCCR divers has a zero fatality rate, then singling it out and looking at the possibility that they have found a way to overcome the apparent added liability of eCCR's would be a good thing, IMHO.

For now, the one over arching correlation, regardless of training agency, with near zero fatalities, appears to be manual injection with an MFO. I think it's extremely unlikely at this point to be a statistical anomalie. it's nearly impossible to just explain away any more. If there is a habit, style of training or style of desing that would = less deaths, then I think it's high time that all factors be formally studied. Anything that can be identified to truly influence fatality outcome should be worked into the standard of design/training systems of eCCR's to reduce the number of deaths.

Gill Envy

Banned jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson's Avatar

Need to amend mine: shoveling snow 2x a week will add to my activity levels!

RBW Member SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ's Avatar

Thanks to everyone who has supported this project. I have just over 550 responses which I am starting to analyse. 160 are from rebreather divers which is pretty good but only a small percent of RBW members. I'm keeping the link open in the hope that people who haven't yet completed a survey may wish to do so.

Diving Research Medical 1

Best Wishes,

Steve

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7