+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Study of Health of Rebreather Divers

Hybrid View

RBW Member SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ's Avatar

Study of Health of Rebreather Divers

Help Wanted from Rebreather Divers

I'm undertaking a research project looking at the health of rebreather divers and their dive practices comparing them to a similar population of open circuit divers.

The underlying motive is to see whether there is any significant differences between OC and rebreather divers that might account for some of the increased mortality seen in rebreather divers.

I'm using Scubaboard and other sites to recruit OC divers and hope to get loads of completed questionnaires from rebreather divers here. I have a target of 500 rebreather divers which is a big ask from you.

Hopefully we will develop a nice, sexy interface to collect the data but for now, PLEASE download the attachment, which is a form created in Word. Please fill in the questions by entering data, checking tick boxes or making selections from drop down menus, save it and email it back to me at steve@diving-network.com

The study has been accepted by a UK Research Ethics Committee. The data will be stripped from your email and the email deleted. No personally identifiable data will be kept. The data will be used exclusively for medical research and remain in my safe keeping.

The whole process will take you 5 minutes of your valuable time (and several months of mine to analyse).:D

Best Wishes,

Steve
    Attached Files

RBW Member SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ's Avatar

Re: Study of Health of Rebreather Divers

Thanks to the 3 heroes who emailed completed questionnaires in the first 30 minutes. Looking forward to more.

Steve

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ  View Original Post
    Thanks to the 3 heroes who emailed completed questionnaires in the first 30 minutes. Looking forward to more.

Steve
    I have been called a lot of things, but hero is definitely a first.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    I have been called a lot of things, but hero is definitely a first.
    Now 8 heroes in 1 hour. Just 492 to go :D

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Great Post!

I encourage everyone to pitch inn.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

Quote Originally Posted by Chett.L  View Original Post
    Great Post!

I encourage everyone to pitch inn.

Best regards,
    Thanks Chett. Please keep them coming folks.

Steve

debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole's Avatar
    KISS Spirit & JJ-CCR

Kiss Classic & Sport, Kiss GEM

Steve:

I sent you my questionnaire from Scubaboard. I assume you don't need it again. Please let us know what you find out.

Doug

ZeroEmissions Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad's Avatar
    Sentinel/Boris/Evo/Liberty

HomeBuild, AP Classic, Path

Well done, just sent the form.

As a personal note, I would also ask when's last complete medical visit.

Anyway I do that (also heart and lungs) once a year.

Cheers

Nad

RBW Member broady has a spectacular aura about broady has a spectacular aura about broady has a spectacular aura about broady has a spectacular aura about broady has a spectacular aura about broady has a spectacular aura about broady's Avatar

Done :)

Graham

Quote Originally Posted by debersole  View Original Post
    Steve:

I sent you my questionnaire from Scubaboard. I assume you don't need it again. Please let us know what you find out.

Doug
    Thanks Doug, got you from Scubaboard. Thanks for being an 'early adopter'.

Best Wishes,

Steve