+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Addis Charters - Part 3

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Addis Charters - Part 3

As usual this was a most stellar day, no thanks to Captain Jeff Addis of Addis Charters. Adrian and myself have been planning on this dive for well over 3 weeks now and were very excited because the weather had decided to change for the better. We were scheduled to meet at the dock at 7:00 AM for an early dive on the Miller Light followed by another deep dive to be determined on the ride out to the dive site.

Being as this is not my first rodeo with this clown (Jeff, not Adrian), I took it upon myself to drive over to his house at 5:00 AM to make sure that the was prepared for the days events. It turned out that I made a very wise decision. Jeff was passed out with his head in the toilet bowl and booze/drugs were everywhere. After getting a good look at a few of the hookers, I almost puked myself. Jeff has pretty low standards when he gets all tanked up.

After an hour or so of slapping Jeff around and pouring coffe into him, it became apparent that this day was shot. Just when I was about to give up, one of the friendly hookers gave Jeff some kind of injection (she called it heroin, whatever that is) and the next instant He was up and jumping around again. I guess that he just needed his morning fix.

Jeff tried to talk me out of the dive since the forecast was calling for 5-6 foot seas. This did not work either. I had already drove to the beach to get a first hand look. 2 foot at the very most.

Jeff finally arrived at the dock where Adrian and myself loaded our gear and we made our way to the ocean. Once upon the location, Jeff was having a great deal of trouble trying to hook the wreck. After drifting for about 40 minutes the hook caught.

We started to gear up and do our pre-dive checks. Adrian had a sensor fail on his unit. Jeff said "F**k it, dive anyway". Jeff was getting very moody and wanted us in the water quickly. He was yelling "Dive, Dive, Dive" to the point of downright scaring us off. Adrian finally got the sensor changed and Jeff shut up about it.

The is the really great part of the day - When we arrived at the wreck, guess what? It was not the Miller Light. We had drifted all the way to the Hydro Atlanic. We made the best of it anyway. After fighting the 2.5 knot current to get our butts to the wreck and with 3' of vis, we were not in any hurry to go back up. Jeff on the other hand was attemting to unhook the anchor and abort the dive. Jeff had to bailout long enough to puke through his reg. At this point I had to take over the anchor retreival duties before Jeff killed himself.

After about 35 minutes of bottom time and beginning our ascent, Jeff kinda left us behind and made his way to the surface. So much for the buddy system, heh. Adrian and myself hung on the line to do our deco up to the point that Capt Jeff began pulling in the line. We almost finished our deco drifting under the boat.

After giving up on our deco obligations (as Jeff was gunning the engines) we clipped our BO tanks to the equipment line and Adrian climbed the ladder. As I was pulling myself along the equipment line to get to the ladder, Jeff fired up the boat and began leaving. I held onto the line for all that I was worth. It must have been one heck-of-a sight to see me skiing with arEvo and fins. Adrian finally pulled the plug and helped me get onboard.

Once again there was not enough food for everyone to have lunch, so I was forced to go hungry. You would think that I would have learned my lesson about this by now, but NOOOO.

Needless to say, a second dive was out of the question today. Someone was going to get killed at this rate and Jeff was hitting the sauce again.

When Jeff changed out of his drysuit and began chasing us around the deck with his dirty diapers, it became apparent why he does not have a pee valve installed. They don't make a catheter that damn small.

Well, need to post this and give DAN a call. It seems that Jeff got me bent again.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Re: Addis Charters - Part 3

I wish I could add more to Don's description of our day aboard Addis Charters, but he summed it up pretty good - Never a dull moment aboard Addis Charters!

Not withstanding the events on the boat, I found one of those $8 disposable cameras, that's waterproof to 30' of depth, on the dock, so I figured put it to good use and take it with me on the dive and attempt to snap a few shots underwater with it. Here's a few of the shots I took.

Since I had to babysit Captain Jeff during the dive, most of the pictures are of him on the wreck - Enjoy!

RBW Member Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee's Avatar
    OPTIMA

Those throw away cameras take nice pictures.
    Where is the one of Jeff puking? All I see are bubbles, no food particles.
    Last edited by Diverlee; 18th January 2009 at 22:58.

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Diverlee  View Original Post

How about this one. Hard to tell which end is which with Jeff.

Here is one of Adrian trying to steady Jeff right after the upheaval

I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

thanks for the invite.... schmucks...

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

Don't feel bad Timmy, I didn't get an invite either.

Sic Semper Tyrannis NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER's Avatar

I love this stuff , Don, you have a new calling......Hemingway has got nothin' on you!

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

I took the boat and went diving on Sunday? Shit, i don't even remember.......

Richie Burr diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb's Avatar
    O2ptima FX

Quote Originally Posted by Diverlee  View Original Post
    I don't know how you guys can dive in such brutal conditions.....

Richie

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

nice shots Adrian! is that me?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast