+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: CCR / OC RBW/ADM Oriskany Tek Charter

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Bad Weather for Oriskany - Canceled

The boat captain contacted me today and stated that the tropical depression is scheduled to be over Pensacola on Friday with seas from 8 to 12s. He said even if the cell has passed, seas will remain at least 4-6s through Sunday.

I felt it would be better to cancel the trip, than to have everyone traveling great distances just to set in a hotel room.

With the cancellation, I will be going to the NSS-CDS dive conference in Tallahassee and maybe diving Jackson Blue or back to the Ginnie springs area IF anyone wishes to join me????

Send me your mailing addresses and I will mail your deposits back to you. If you paid by credit card, there will be a 4% deduction in the refund to cover the card fees.

We can attempt to reschedule, BUT we are going to be moving into the hurricane season, which is VERY unpredictable.

Sorry, but we cannot predict mother nature....

Reads fine print (mostly) Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather's Avatar
    MEGALODON MK15.5

BMR500 IDA71 IDA64 RGUFM AKA60

Re: CCR / OC RBW/ADM Oriskany Tek Charter

Strange. I just finished putting the truck in the garage after loading gear all day, ready for the 4 AM launch in the morning for a 16 hr drive to Florida. Thought I’d have a brew, wind down, and touch base. Good thing I did.

Rats.

To the guys on the trip: Sorry, it’s most likely my fault. I’m friggin’ CURSED! Every trip I’ve planned where bottom temps were warmer than 40 deg. F- with the exception of one, and it turned into an absolute abortion- for the last 2 1/2 YEARS has gone down in flames. As we used to say in the AF , when the plane kept breaking, “The snake’s in my pocket!”.

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Skipbreather  View Original Post
    Strange. I just finished putting the truck in the garage after loading gear all day, ready for the 4 AM launch in the morning for a 16 hr drive to Florida. Thought I’d have a brew, wind down, and touch base. Good thing I did.

Rats.

To the guys on the trip: Sorry, it’s most likely my fault. I’m friggin’ CURSED! Every trip I’ve planned where bottom temps were warmer than 40 deg. F- with the exception of one, and it turned into an absolute abortion- for the last 2 1/2 YEARS has gone down in flames. As we used to say in the AF , when the plane kept breaking, “The snake’s in my pocket!”.
    I felt it was better to call it ASAP, because many of us were coming in from LONG distances. I also spent most of the day packing and filling cylinders...

LEARNING CONTINUALLY rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver's Avatar
    Inspo Vision

Classic YBOD

Thanks for the early call. I've been giving everything lots of tlc. Oh well, if you don't make plans it'll never happen. We tried.
    Bill

RBW Member PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2's Avatar

Rats, rats, and a few more rats....

Thanks for the heads up. Defiantly better to call it this evening. Good decision.

Sincerely,

Paul
    Paul's first law states that the safety of an activity is determined by how forgiving of mistakes the activity is.

Paul's second law states that the difference between an adventurer and an explorer is whether the doing or the learning comes first.

"Don't be surprised if at the center of every hurricane in your life is an "I"." --paul gernhardt

RBW Member tobinalt will become famous soon enough tobinalt will become famous soon enough tobinalt will become famous soon enough tobinalt's Avatar
    HH Meg, Inspiration, Mini-Meg

Curt, thanks for making the call, we were packed and ready, but it would have been worse to show up after 14 hours and being told it would not happen.

LEARNING CONTINUALLY rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver's Avatar
    Inspo Vision

Classic YBOD

Both ends of the Gulf are crap. Drove to SPI and tried to dive the Texas Clipper instead. The current is so strong it was pulling the buoys UW. Capt. Tim O'leary gave us a choice. I took the rain check.

Resident Selkie hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat's Avatar
    Megladon

Heh... Brian and I both damned near got ejected from the boat in Boca inlet today. Not Fun.

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by hchoat  View Original Post
    Heh... Brian and I both damned near got ejected from the boat in Boca inlet today. Not Fun.
    I am glad that we called our dive off then. We would have gone out of Boca inlet (or tried to).
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Resident Selkie hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat is just really nice hchoat's Avatar
    Megladon

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    I am glad that we called our dive off then. We would have gone out of Boca inlet (or tried to).
    Yes, the fleeting thought of "oh ****, I am going over the transom" is not pleasant.....