+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ok, next ones....

Bubbless Box of Death Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis's Avatar

Ok, next ones....

Looking at pressure transducers here and I'm finding a few interesting things.

Found the link via search here for the one that the VR3 is using. It has some issues in that it wants to eat 3v power which is great for a dive computer and not-so-great for a CCR controller that is running on a regulated 5V supply and likes TTL-level I/O.

Honeywell appears to have a very nice high-performance sensor (Digikey carries them) but by god that damn thing is big! Oh, and expensive too (~$100 in Q1). But it is high-accuracy (pretty impressive specs in fact) and can be had in a 0-200 psia range (about perfect) with overpressure ratings beyond any possibility of real exposure (well below 1000') Could stick that one in the loop I guess..... (avoids most of the issues over space.)

Any other leads out there? Of course I could rely on the VR3 for depth info, but then I need a tertiary gauge backup - having it in the controller means that I now need only the VR3 as depth/time is on the handset as well.

Bubbless Box of Death Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis's Avatar

Re: Ok, next ones.... (pressure transducers)

MSI has a nice line of absolute pressure sensors in the $70 range....

They're a bit big to go in a handset, but if put in the loop (which is at ambient, natch) it'd be fine. Not bad sizing at all in that regard.

Someone else might find this useful....

+ Reply to Thread