+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Florida Vacation

ZeroEmissions Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad's Avatar
    Sentinel/Boris/Evo/Liberty

HomeBuild, AP Classic, Path

Florida Vacation

Hi guys,
    I'll come there from feb 20 to march 7, with CCR of course.

Do you SCRUB guys have dive in program already now?

Possible to find 2l tanks to rent for 2 weeks?

Any suggestion will be appreciated and for the best there's a beer once there.:D

Cheers :)

Nad

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

Re: Florida Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Nad  View Original Post
    Hi guys,
    I'll come there from feb 20 to march 7, with CCR of course.

Do you SCRUB guys have dive in program already now?

Possible to find 2l tanks to rent for 2 weeks?

Any suggestion will be appreciated and for the best there's a beer once there.:D

Cheers :)

Nad
    Where in Florida.....?

ZeroEmissions Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by netmage  View Original Post
    Where in Florida.....?
    Driving around from Miami to Miami.

Definatly to St.Augustine because I've never been there then Pensacola for the Oriskany. After that open but with the Keys in mind.

Cheers

Reads fine print (mostly) Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather's Avatar
    MEGALODON MK15.5

BMR500 IDA71 IDA64 RGUFM AKA60

You might want to look at a Florida map & bundle your Keys diving w/ the Miami adventures. Pensacola is a long way- 8 ~ 9 ~ ish hour drive from Miami.

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

If it were me, I would fly into Miami, dive there, drive up the east coast, stopping to dive in Fort Lauderdale, Pompano, Boynton Beach, and Jupiter. From there, up to cave country, and hit some of the caves if your certified. You could hit plenty of them across north Florida as you worked your way to Pensecola. Then back down the west coast to Naples, and dive there. From Naples you could head back to FLL/MIA, and down to the Key's.

What kind of valves do you need on those 2L? Modular or APD? A few sources around for those, and sorb.

Pensacolais a long way from Miami, but there is plenty to see and do along the way, especially for non-diving stuff. You could cram in the Kennedy Space Center, All the parks in Orlando/Tampa, The Fantasy of Flight is a cool place, if you are into vintage aircraft. The USS Alabama is on display in Mobile - a short drive from Pensacola.
    Last edited by Tienuts; 11th January 2009 at 22:26.

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by Tienuts  View Original Post
    If it were me, I would fly into Miami, dive there, drive up the east coast, stopping to dive in Fort Lauderdale, Pompano, Boynton Beach, and Jupiter. From there, up to cave country, and hit some of the caves if your certified. You could hit plenty of them across north Florida as you worked your way to Pensecola. Then back down the west coast to Naples, and dive there. From Naples you could head back to FLL/MIA, and down to the Key's.

What kind of valves do you need on those 2L? Modular or APD? A few sources around for those, and sorb.

Pensacolais a long way from Miami, but there is plenty to see and do along the way, especially for non-diving stuff. You could cram in the Kennedy Space Center, All the parks in Orlando/Tampa, The Fantasy of Flight is a cool place, if you are into vintage aircraft. The USS Alabama is on display in Mobile - a short drive from Pensacola.
    THINGS TO DO TODAY

1. Sell Optima
    2. Buy house
    3. Become travel agent

Quote Originally Posted by Tienuts  View Original Post

Thanks.

Actually I used to live in Miami around 15 years ago and travel to Florida many times, I also crossed the States once. Such a great country.
    The idea is the East Coast on the way up and the West Coast on the way back. I will look at dive spots, possibly wrecks. Tanks are 2L with APD valves, I'm not sure if 19Ali are small enough to fit the Sentinel.

Nad

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

Hi Nad,

My 2c would be to put off the mighty O unless you are coming over in the summer. Too much risk of getting blown out unless you are cool with staying up there for a few days and can sit it out.

Loads of great wrecks in Pompano and the Keys from 100fsw to 400fsw.

Obviously the cave suggestion is a good one if its your thing.

Im sure most of us will be diving something that you could join us on.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris at Silent World  View Original Post
    Hi Nad,

My 2c would be to put off the mighty O unless you are coming over in the summer. Too much risk of getting blown out unless you are cool with staying up there for a few days and can sit it out.

Loads of great wrecks in Pompano and the Keys from 100fsw to 400fsw.

Obviously the cave suggestion is a good one if its your thing.

Im sure most of us will be diving something that you could join us on.
    Thanks Chris,
    You are one already on the program for diving, so see you soon.

Nad

+ Reply to Thread