+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Beneath The Sea 2009

RBW Member JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF's Avatar
    rEvo III Hyb Min, rEvo II STD

CK, SK, CCR 2000, Dolphin, Ray

Re: Beneath The Sea 2009

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I hope you're not just planning a KISS commercial. :D
    Hi Ken!

That's pretty funny! You should know me better than that You did a KISS Rebreather Experience with me...I think I even popped your cherry What was the first thing I said to you? I am not here to sell you on buying a rebreather and I don't really care which one you buy because which ever one you decide to go with, you are helping grow the CCR Industry

Actually it's going to be very balanced: This is a very rough outline and I am willing to accept additional ideas relevant to the topic

CCR Training Agencies
    IANTD
    TDI

What to look for in an Instructor?
    Communication
    Attitude
    Arrange for a dive/experience
    Availability
    References
    Last time they took a course (any course)

CCR Prerequisites
    Open Water Certified
    Nitrox
    Advanced Nitrox

Do I have to buy a rebreather to take a course?
    Rebreather experiences

What to expect from a CCR Training Course?
    Structure (classroom, pool, Open Water Dives)
    Basic overview
    Certification performance requirements

What are you certified to do?
    What kind of Dives Depth NDL/Deco??

How do you gain experience?
    Dive within your comfort level
    Practice what you learned
    Work on things your not so comfortable with
    Local Diving
    Caribbean Destinations

What courses are next?
    Recreational Courses
    Technical Courses

How to get started?
    Books
    Walk the show
    Dive Rite Booth:
    KISS Rebreathers Booth:
    Megladon Booth:
    Revo Booth
    Silent Diving Booth:
    Others that I have missed:
    Rebreather World

Cheers

Jason Fisch
    SCUBA Gear For Sale, Technical Gear, Rebreather Gear, U/W Imaging, Dive Luggage 888-728-2247 Powered by The SCUBA Connection

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Jason - Sounds like a pretty good outline. Yes, I was a RB virgin when I did my KISS experience with you, and then the Optima experience when Pete came to the shop. I still consider myself a newbie, so I'm always interested in learning stuff over and over. Put 2 rebreather divers in a room and you'll get 3 opinions.

I think an entire session could be devoted just to "travelling with your rebreather." It's appropriate for a session devoted to training issues since a lot of people travel for their initial training. I didn't know which end was up on my unit when I had to pack it to go to Florida.

See you at BTS.

Ken

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Quote Originally Posted by diverklondike  View Original Post
    And... there is no cover charge... At least that was the case in previous years...

Those that have been there in previous years will understand the that!

Dive Safe....

Mark
    and if you don't want you head hurting the next day you HAVE to stay awy from Jakub at al costs!!!
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

Aerospace Lubricants, Inc. TRIBOLUBE71 is an unknown quantity at this point TRIBOLUBE71's Avatar

We will be there this year! We look forward to meeting everyone from Rebreather World that can stop by. We are bringing the entire Tribolube product line, come by and see us at booth #534.

RBW Member Trukdiver has a spectacular aura about Trukdiver has a spectacular aura about Trukdiver has a spectacular aura about Trukdiver has a spectacular aura about Trukdiver has a spectacular aura about Trukdiver's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by TRIBOLUBE71  View Original Post
    We will be there this year! We look forward to meeting everyone from Rebreather World that can stop by. We are bringing the entire Tribolube product line, come by and see us at booth #534.
    See you there, David!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3