+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello Long time listener first time caller

Hello Long time listener first time caller

Hello Rebreather World people,

Well, I got a message and a friendly reminder every time I logged on to introduce myself so here I am.

I'm new to rebreathers. Haven't bought one yet. I decided to do some research and narrow my choices. I'm leaning towards a meg.

I want to check out RBW for thoughts, ideas, information etc. I like learning from my own mistakes but I like learning from others mistakes even more. I see no reason to reinvent the wheel so I want to find out as much as I can from those that have been there before me.

I'm a technical OC diver in the North East. Long Island, NY to narrow it down.
    I like the idea of maximizing my deco and having a huge supply of gas in case I need it. I like the ideas of no bubbles, less stuff to carry for a weekend etc. I hate the idea of learning all over again. I feel I'm a proficent OC diver but I know I have to approach this new endeavor as an open water student. There is no substitute for the learning curve. I intend to do my training and then practice practice practice afterwards before I use it for the dives I want to do up here. So that's why I'm here. Any suggestions on reading material or threads to check out etc, please feel free to pass them on.

Thanks

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

Re: Hello Long time listener first time caller

There is a good mix of divers (Meg, Evo, Optima, others) in your area. Be on the lookout for their posts, and then you can meet with them to see what life is like on the Dark Side. Welcome aboard.

Andy Favata CCR-Wrecker has a spectacular aura about CCR-Wrecker has a spectacular aura about CCR-Wrecker has a spectacular aura about CCR-Wrecker has a spectacular aura about CCR-Wrecker has a spectacular aura about CCR-Wrecker's Avatar
    rEvo

Inspiration, Kiss classic

"Hello Long time listener first time caller "

guess your also a "Mike and the maddog" listener :)

feel free to PM me, I'll help anyway I can.

Andy

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

Less stuff to carry for a weekend....???????;)

I have the feeling that i need more and more tanks, whips, spareparts with every weekend and dive trip but s..t happens i like it:D

Welcome here on RBW. The Megalodon ISC thread is very helpfull with all around the machine and diving it. Feel free to ask all you want...

Great and safe dives in 2009

+ Reply to Thread