+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Going under after going under

Go diving zzzzzzzz is a jewel in the rough zzzzzzzz is a jewel in the rough zzzzzzzz is a jewel in the rough zzzzzzzz is a jewel in the rough zzzzzzzz is a jewel in the rough zzzzzzzz is a jewel in the rough zzzzzzzz is a jewel in the rough zzzzzzzz is a jewel in the rough zzzzzzzz's Avatar

Re: Going under after going under

Quote Originally Posted by CLASSIC TED  View Original Post
    Rib diving has never really been a problem I think going like a bat from hell and just clinging on for grim death just overcomes all other senses onece the rib stops turn off the engine to stop those lovely 2 stroke fumes and get kitted up asap.The latter is not so easy on CCR hence the shift toward hard boats much more room to kit up but loads of time for negative thoughts like which way do I run to get down wind of my buddys
    EFI four strokes are a blessing these days! Hardly any noticeable fumes. RIBs do force you to look onto the horizon, in case you slam into something. The faster movement is less distracting because something is going on. If things get rough, hanging on for dear life and fear make you forget about any discomfort.

The slow rolling and pitching movement is often the worst, especially on longer rides and bigger boats. Static scenery is hard to stare at. The chap at the wheel is usually captive and if a good conversationalist can really keep one's mind off things, hence the reason for the coffee.

BTW, don't know about hypnotherapy, however the power of the mind can never be underestimated.

RBW Member CLASSIC TED will become famous soon enough CLASSIC TED will become famous soon enough CLASSIC TED will become famous soon enough CLASSIC TED's Avatar

Thanks for all your input lads Oringinal question still stands

"Has anyone tried hypnotherapy?"

Seems to be I asked the wrong question or maybe you`re all too shy

Ed

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar

I had an ex who tried hypnotherapy... £120 an hour to find out she worked on a barge as a cabin boy in 19th century France. She didn't mention if it helped seasickness but it got her out the way so I could go diving and it also gave me hours of comedy amusement :D

RBW Member CLASSIC TED will become famous soon enough CLASSIC TED will become famous soon enough CLASSIC TED will become famous soon enough CLASSIC TED's Avatar

Just goes to show that bargains can still be had, it costs more to take the other half shopping.
    Wonder what mine was in a previous life ? dont know about behind every great man is a great woman but when it comes to diving I think in front of every man is a bloody big obstacle ;)
    Female divers excluded of course

RBW Member GLJ is an unknown quantity at this point GLJ's Avatar

Sod hypnotheripy. Don't drink alcohol the night before, eat a non greasy breakfast, keep out of diesel fumes, keep your eye on the horizon, prepare your gear before the boat starts rocking. The more times you go to sea, the less effect it has on you. If you start to spew then eat something dry like bread or crackers.
    Gareth Jones
    Balikpapan

Born Again Diver! Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w's Avatar
    Kiss, JJ

Ray, APOC, rEvo

Out in Asia i have been using some great tablets, little yellow ones in a clear packet. Work a treat for me, and I often got sick before. Trouble is they are hard to find outside of Thailand. They even cured the wifes bad seasickness.

Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2