+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: jj-ccr user review and questions

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Re: jj-ccr user review and questions

Quote Originally Posted by gene1340  View Original Post
    Okay, I have verified that the exhaust valve is indeed faulty and not the barrel oring, as per Dave T's instructions. Anyone got a lead for someone in the Northeast that stocks exhaust valves?
    Gene
    Assuming it's a scubapro part then I would call Dudas Diving..

Dudas Diving Duds- Scuba Classes, Service, and Scuba Equipment sales in West Chester, PA 19382

Ask to speak to Mike. I am sure that he will ship it to you.

Mark

"Two Sheds" Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos's Avatar
    JJ Rebreather

Classic Kiss

Having seen one in the flesh at the show I am very tempted by one of these. KISS BoV is very easy to strip down and lubricate. I'd be interested to know how easy it is to strip down the JJ-CCR Bov.

Janos

RBW Member dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t has much to be proud of dave t's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Janos  View Original Post
    Having seen one in the flesh at the show I am very tempted by one of these. KISS BoV is very easy to strip down and lubricate. I'd be interested to know how easy it is to strip down the JJ-CCR Bov.

Janos
    two small screws that lock the hose nuts, one screw to take the inner barrel out, one lock screw to remove the OC tilt valve

RBW Member PatB is an unknown quantity at this point PatB's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

I also need a new exhaust flapper for my JJ. Anyone have a part number?
    Thanks
    Pat B

Mark Hilley firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver's Avatar
    Kiss Sport

Dolphin, Ray, Homebuild

It would seem to me that JJ should be getting you guys some flapper valves out pronto! I would hope it's a warranty thing, giving that they are aware of the faulty valve issue. However, if they have a whole box of bad valves, they may send you the same problem you already have.

Maybe it's just easier to source them yourself in the states rather than wait for them to be sent from overseas and risk possibly having the same problem.

FD:)

Banned MB is an unknown quantity at this point MB's Avatar

Seems like a Scubapro issue. I grabbed one at my local dive center for $6.00 and am not sweating it.

Wonder how many Air-II's are also leaking these days? Must have been a bad batch of mushrooms. I bet a recall of Air-II's is going to be coming soon.

With the new flapper all's well, so have confidence that this is just a transient vendor supplied item issue and not an organic flaw. The BOV is excellent. I'm sure that JJ will be making triple sure about the flappers from now on as well.

Dave

Matt Matt_Camp is an unknown quantity at this point Matt_Camp's Avatar
    Drager Ray mCCR, Inspiration

Hi, I've been reading this old thread because my JJ-CCR BOV breathes wet. It's the exhaust valve that isn't sealing properly. Does anyone know where to buy the scubapro valve in the UK?

Also, I want to adjust the OC settings but the manual isn't on the JJ-CCR website anymore. Can anyone point me towards the manual anywhere?

Thanks and kind regards. Matt

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3