+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Made to move to a new Optima

RBW Member airbornediver is an unknown quantity at this point airbornediver's Avatar

First Rebreather

I went up to Ginnie Springs for the RB demo days to try out the Meg and they did not have one to try out. So I get my first look at the Optima and I got to try it out. I had a change of heart. I had never given the Optima that much consideration before. It seems to be a very well thought out system. I liked the unit so much that I purchased one today. Hopefully I'll get it in a month or so. I'm very happy with my decision.

:) :D
    Last edited by airbornediver; 7th December 2005 at 21:58.

Shearwater Copis Diver Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy's Avatar
    Copis Meg and rEvo III

Evolution

Re: Made to move to a new Optima

i too have been eyeing the optima, talked with one of their reps over the phone a few weeks back... i'm curious, how did you like the computer? was it easy to read. I've heard one person claim the hammer head electronics weren't reliable...but that must be earlier generations, i have not heard any specifics on the current version. actually i'm curious if any one can varify problems with the hammerhead electronics past or present, the optima is one that i am trying out in a few days and would like any relevant info or opinions going into the try out.
    I'd love to hear how you like it once you get your hands on one. From what i was told, the first run was about 45 units and they should be shipping now.
    george

Gill Envy

O2ptima Test Dummy
    JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones's Avatar

Congratulations, you will enjoy it, I have mine.

RBW Member Deep Thought is just really nice Deep Thought is just really nice Deep Thought is just really nice Deep Thought is just really nice Deep Thought is just really nice Deep Thought is just really nice Deep Thought is just really nice Deep Thought is just really nice Deep Thought is just really nice Deep Thought's Avatar
    rEvo,Meg,Inspo,Titan,Prism2

SCR's,Optima,MkVI,KISS

Quote Originally Posted by JPJones
    Congratulations, you will enjoy it, I have mine.
    John

Thanks for the opportunity to join you at Troy Springs. I think I have the harness on the Optima dialed in perfect now, it was a very comfortable fit and my trim was almost perfect. The unit breaths very nice and I think I like the PO2 blinking code for the HUD rather than the color status. Switching set points and accessing the menu was straightforward and the buttons were quite responsive. Something that took me a while to get used to was the display switching from dive computer to PO2 reading, not bad but just different from other units I dive. I will be back in January and look forward to doing more Optima dives, see ya soon.:D

Ron

Go DEEP!!!! Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer's Avatar
    MEGALODON

Evolution, KISS GEM

Ok Ron. You talked me into it. I'll will try out the Optima. ;)

I am sure glad you don't sell cars. Whew.....

O2ptima Test Dummy
    JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones has a spectacular aura about JPJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Thought
    John

Thanks for the opportunity to join you at Troy Springs. I think I have the harness on the Optima dialed in perfect now, it was a very comfortable fit and my trim was almost perfect. The unit breaths very nice and I think I like the PO2 blinking code for the HUD rather than the color status. Switching set points and accessing the menu was straightforward and the buttons were quite responsive. Something that took me a while to get used to was the display switching from dive computer to PO2 reading, not bad but just different from other units I dive. I will be back in January and look forward to doing more Optima dives, see ya soon.:D

Ron
    Had a great time with both of you and look forward to your return. Maybe we can get a good dive in and I can show you Madison this time.

Flaccid Member abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie's Avatar
    Dammit I bought another KISS

CK, SK, Satori, ManBagOD

Does this mean that they are actually available for retail release now?

O2ptima Test Dummy

They are being delivered now and look good. Remember they don't come with any expenables that includes sensors.

I do all my own stunts shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back's Avatar

Still waiting a call from my rep ,

Custom Title Allowed! MikeH will become famous soon enough MikeH will become famous soon enough MikeH will become famous soon enough MikeH will become famous soon enough MikeH's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JPJones
    They are being delivered now and look good. Remember they don't come with any expenables that includes sensors.
    What needs to be added by the end user to make the unit diveable? Obviously, a harness/bp and wing...but what else besides sensors?

Sometime in Jan or Feb I'll have to give you a call to find out where you're gonna be one day so I come check out the unit firsthand.

Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast