+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Addis Charters Redux

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Addis Charters Redux

Well, here we go again. Captain Jeff Addis of Addis Charters was just drunk enough yesterday and today to not remember that He has banned me from his boat twice (so far anyway).

At least this time his dive master got him up and to the dock on time to pick me up. This was about the only thing that went right for the whole excursion.

We headed out to the Lowarance (about 200' - 210') for a planned dive time of about an hour and a half. On the way out on a nice day with a flat ocean, I must add that part, Jeff could not keep the passengers dry. He was constantly swamping the boat with gallons of water. It must have taken him years to figure out how to do that without a ripple on the surface.

We get there and are forced to suit up in our drysuits with everything wet and in dissarray. Due to poor seamanship and alot of water splashed upon us.

I forgot this part. Jeff was so messed up that I had to secure the boat at the dock, as his method was not working too well.

It was one hell of a long wait for Jeff to finally hook the wreck, but finally he snagged something. By this time, I did not care if it was a sand dive or the wreck.

We geared up and Jeff pushed me over the side. I feel very fortunate that I was prebreathed and ready to dive at this point, but how did Jeff know???? We descended and immediately Jeff penetrated the wreck and motioned for me to follow. Being the dummy that I must be, I followed him. He lead me into the deepest darkest and tightest spot that he could find. He then signalled for me to go in a specific direction. This is were it got interesting, He went a different way and left me alone in the pits of hell to fend for myself. Obviously I was able to find my way out, just the motivation of writing this exposee (spelling) was enough. I finally found him just as he was starting to ascend (without me) and leave me to my dome.

I was starting to think that this was all a ploy to get rid of me and end the humiliation of reading another trip report aboard Addis Charters.

Against my better judgement, another dive was agreed upon. This time the Divemaster was also going to join us. We would have ate lunch first but, I forgot that the passengers are required to supply the food and beverages for this fly-by-night outfit.

Upon my predive, I found that my DIL was completely gone. I can't prove sabatoge, but I wonder. I was once again forced to dive beyond my comfort level and start the dive with a known equipment problem. I had to plumb in offboard DIL and do the dive anyway. My BO tank reg was letting the IP pressure creep up and this tank had to be kept tuned off until needed. It was a total nightmare trying to move the LP hose from drysuit to wing and back and forth for the whole dive. Even when my offboard manual button developed a very nasty leak and I wanted to thumb the dive, Jeff just shook his head to tell me NO. I had to feather this valve the entire dive.

Here I am with 2 Alum80's of gas and it is a full time job just moving hoses and crap to be able to breathe and not bounce of the bottom. Quess what, Jeff told me that I had a pinhole leak in my inhale hose. Guess what else, he still would not let me thumb the dive. He just swam off to play with the divemaster (can't blame him, she is kinda cute).

Finally Jeff was ready to ascend. Other than getting kicked in the head several times the ascent was uneventful.

Once onboard and my gear off and stowed, I was told to pull up anchor, get ladder, get BO tanks and just doing all the dive wench jobs. When I turned around, (if I go blind you will know why) Jeff was standing there totally naked. It seems that too much beer and a lack of a pee valve is a bad combination. That drysuit needs to be burnt now.

I should thank Jeff for task loading the shit out of me too see if I would live or die. It was definitely a learning experience. Me and my rEvo kicked ass.

Oh yeah, Mel. I didn't scratch your cover.

It might be a long time before I can post on this charter again. Since I survived, I am sure Jeff will ban me again.

Let this be fair warning to all fellow divers.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Sic Semper Tyrannis NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER's Avatar

Re: Addis Charters Redux

Don,

Sounds like you are someone's B - I - T - C - H !

I would not have thought that from someone who is wearing a RATT concert-T and sporting the finest 1980's pin-up girls on the wall of his garage! Time to buck up!

Cheers, and Merry and Happy!!!

CCR Diva scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt's Avatar
    meg & rEvo

inspo, optima, KISS, submatix

Don why is it you keep going out with this CRAP charter. i know times are tough but really.
    i will for sure put the Addis charter on my "I don't think so" list. well unless of course Jeff is cute naked:D maybe a dive and a free show would be fine, that is if you can survive the dive.
    and my cover better be safe MISTER;)
    mel

RBW Member RBailey will become famous soon enough RBailey will become famous soon enough RBailey will become famous soon enough RBailey will become famous soon enough RBailey's Avatar

Addis Charters Redux

Maybe I missed the irony that was meant to be implied and this was a joke ? (it started reading like one.)

If you have been banned by them before and you hate their level of safety / quality vote with your fins and don't even bother diving with them - simple.

If this is a serious comment, I'd be worried about being sued for liable.

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by RBailey  View Original Post
    Maybe I missed the irony that was meant to be implied and this was a joke ? (it started reading like one.)

If you have been banned by them before and you hate their level of safety / quality vote with your fins and don't even bother diving with them - simple.

This is all a joke. Jeff is a friend and dive buddy of mine.

Being sued was discussed on the last dive though.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RBailey  View Original Post

It's a private/noncommercial boat....

Don's (you don't wanna know where its been) tongue is firmly in-cheek...

The RATT T is probably an original...

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Upon my predive, I found that my DIL was completely gone. I can't prove sabatoge, but I wonder. I was once again forced to dive beyond my comfort level and start the dive with a known equipment problem. I had to plumb in offboard DIL and do the dive anyway. My BO tank reg was letting the IP pressure creep up and this tank had to be kept tuned off until needed. It was a total nightmare trying to move the LP hose from drysuit to wing and back and forth for the whole dive. Even when my offboard manual button developed a very nasty leak...I had to feather this valve the entire dive.

Here I am with 2 Alum80's of gas and it is a full time job just moving hoses and crap to be able to breathe and not bounce of the bottom. Quess what, Jeff told me that I had a pinhole leak in my inhale hose...

It might be a long time before I can post on this charter again. Since I survived, I am sure Jeff will ban me again.
    Don, sounds just like another standard day of diving for you, but look on the bright side, at least you didn't get stuck inside the wreck, again!!

rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by sfldiver  View Original Post
    Don, sounds just like another standard day of diving for you, but look on the bright side, at least you didn't get stuck inside the wreck, again!!
    Yep, it was great. I am ready to do it again.

rEject TJS is a jewel in the rough TJS is a jewel in the rough TJS is a jewel in the rough TJS is a jewel in the rough TJS is a jewel in the rough TJS is a jewel in the rough TJS is a jewel in the rough TJS is a jewel in the rough TJS's Avatar

Don I speak from experience when I say let the 15 beers your drank on the ride home wear off before posting a trip report... :)

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

yes, i am cute naked. having Don Six as a " customer" on your boat is the most challenging thing one can do in diving. always expect the unexpected, always be ready for the next suprise. and.......... observing any number of Don's various "configuration" changes is nothing short of astonishing. i saw a nice bull shark on the Lowrance starting to come in a little closer ( a good thing for me) when it sighted Don's current "configuration" which promptly scared the thing to death and it took off! hoses and cables everywhere and gas leaking from various things on his gear! i think maybe i should go back to solo diving! despite it all, my wife and i survived the ordeal. i will probably have Don back on the boat purely for entertainment value........

Adrian, where are you ? i need a proper cc dive partner! want to dive on saturday?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast