+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: chest mounted o2 rebreather wanted dave ******?

RBW Member Coopere is an unknown quantity at this point Coopere's Avatar
    ISC Megalodon

KISS IDA 73

chest mounted o2 rebreather wanted dave ******?

Im looking for a used chest worn o2 rebreather, i would obviously like a drager lar v or vII but they are rare and are very expensive iv seen a Italian Castaro C96 and really like it but am unsure where i can aquire such a unit.
    as well as the aro c96 on dave ******s website.

Id even love to get my hands on a lar III

Im hoping people can post other o2 chest mount rebreathers that i could look around for.

Im also hoping dave ****** could steer me in some direction

basic needs

Im eventually going to convert it too a mccr
    chest mount
    not expensive

looking for options for a chest mount bailout rebreather

please post options and prices if u have one forsale

Thanks
    Eric

ISC Megalodon

KISS IDA 73

Re: chest mounted o2 rebreather wanted dave ******?

even an ida-57 might work

Diving SIL Technology Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko's Avatar
    Next Generation Rebreather

IDA-71, Ray, LarV, Meg, C96

Quote Originally Posted by Coopere  View Original Post
    even an ida-57 might work
    My freind has this IDA-57 for sale. It's a very nice breathing unit.

Make him an offer.

Thom

ISC Megalodon

KISS IDA 73

i just sent him an email too the address in the pic let him know if you could...
    thanks for your help

Eric

New Member Pawel is on a distinguished road Pawel is on a distinguished road Pawel's Avatar

Eric,

I recently sold the last C96 we (distributor) had. They are no longer manufactured. They rarely come available on used market because, once you tried one, you don't want to dive anything else. I have a couple, use them, love them. I have another LAR V available for sale, but it is in exhibition grade condition - offers above US$6.5k welcome. You mentioned LAR VII. I have a couple of other, better units in LAR VII price range. You can contact me at pawel.achtel (at) 24x7.com.au if this is of interest.

Cheers,

Pawel
    www.achtel.com

Banned MB is an unknown quantity at this point MB's Avatar

IDA-57's are fun and very retro rigs, just fun to dive. Dunno if I'd make a mixed gas one out of one though.

IDA-59, definitely play with one... lots of potential.

LAR series... way overpriced for what you get.

C-96's... if you find one, buy it.

Dave

for a world of water OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity's Avatar
    homebuild/custom

for what its worth....take a hard look at the Drager Dolphins. They are 'strikingly similar' to the Lar's. I just configured one for chest mounted applications. Its slightly larger than a Lar, but still an effective unit. Plus they are all over the place for about $1000.

Helium Addict O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OceanOpportunity  View Original Post
    for what its worth....take a hard look at the Drager Dolphins. They are 'strikingly similar' to the Lar's. I just configured one for chest mounted applications.
    How bout some pics.................please! :)

Ted

for a world of water OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity's Avatar
    homebuild/custom

ok...here she is, with a little explanation to guide through my logic:

First, this is the product of WAY too much time and money, as are most homebuild projects. But in the end, I got what I wanted. A few minor details are not there...neck and waist strap, and the electronics are not installed in this pic. A few of the hose tie downs/velcro straps are removed to show teh hose routing clearly.

General principle...rich on right, lean on left. O2 is onboard. Dil would be offboard as a stage/sidemount setup, connected to the rig via a CEJN male q/d. Manual add buttons sit up high on your shoulders so they arent lost in the shuffle. Both manual buttons have Q/D's, so they can be disconnected in the event of a freeflow, or offboard gas can be connected here. CEJN males are used on the buttons. The O2 button flow is snubbed with a 0.015 orifice, just to slow things down a little. Dil button is left alone with a high flow. Springs were changed in the clippard buttons to SS. Golem BOV affixed (breathes right to left) with a short hose for offboard gas, CEJN here also.
    breathing hoses are 11" from Golem Gear

On the oxygen side of the house, onboard O2 is plumbed directly into the sideblock. Offboard O2 can be connected via a CEJN male O2 whip with a check valve. O2 enters the rig via the clippard button on your right shoulder, and/or via the Aalborg needle valve. You could just as easily use an orifice for and blanked reg for CMF if preferred. Given this configuration, O2 can be isolated wherever there is an issue...the clippard valve, the needle, the valve on the O2 cylinder. O2 then travels to a gas addition block on the stomach of the rig, where it meets the dil, and then a single feed enters the exhale side of things via a scrubber stem with nipple from Tecme.

On the dil side of the house, same deal..clippard for manual. No ADV, although you could add one easily enough. A unique feature is a needle valve that runs the gamut of semi-closed flow rates, making this an option for bailout, or rapidly flushing the loop if need be. This is turned off during ccr diving. Offboard dil to manifold via a short whip with CEJN male and quarter turn ball valve and check valve. I may add a hose from the block to feed my BOV, depending on the application.

Basically, I was running this same plumbing configuration with a converted dolphin as a back mounted rig, and love it. I figured why not shrink it all up and dive it chest-mounted. Will go in the water shortly, but I dont suspect any issues. Only concern is water-tolerance, but I am working on a means to pump out the exhale side of things now.

This is a very capable unit, as are all converted dolphins. The scrubber is sized well, and the rig breathes easy. Plumbed out as I have done it makes diving as mCCR easy.

The manifold blocks I had made custom, and have several left over from the lot. They have all 1/4"NPT threaded ports. 2 on each side at 180 degrees from each other, plus one on either end (6 total)...great building block to suit various needs. PM me if you are interested.

I'll post more once she sees the water in front configuration.

RBW Member carcharodon1957 is an unknown quantity at this point carcharodon1957's Avatar
    oxygers-ida 71-submatix

rEvo3 hCCR

Really nice made unit,well done and finally close to a LAR 7!

best regards
    Bernard

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast