+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MOD 1 Completed

RBW Member gwilson is an unknown quantity at this point gwilson's Avatar

MOD 1 Completed

This week I went from a GUE fundamentalist constantly trying to achieve perfectly flat trim and looking good at all times to a novice Classic Kiss diver.

The course started in the classroom monday morning covering the theory then onto checking my unit #009 over, dis-assembling, cleaning, checking, replacing a hose or two and finally rebuilding it ready to dive on the Tuesday.

Off to Stoney Cove for 0830 Tuesday morning, things didnt go exactly to plan as a few leaks were found and as time was ticking by I borrowed a spare unit and managed the grand sum of 21 minutes bouncing off the floor around 6 metres or so and having my face firmly buried in the ppo2 displays, wondering what on earth I was doing.

By wednesday morning my unit was finally ready to dive and off we went for the first of 3 dives for the day. Skills were demonstrated and repeated, bit more theory was discussed and things started to feel not quite as bad as I intially thought. Apart from a slight choking on water moment it was getting better. Thursday was much the same as Wednesday minus the choking.

Friday morning finally dawned and the final dive. 0.7 was set on all 3 displays and in we went and down to 36.something metres to visit the really interesting hydro box with bit of a tweak around the 20 metre mark, got to where we were going and lo and behold 1.3 across all 3 displays, no bubbles, no gurgling, no noise and everything feeling just right. Managed a good ascent to around 20 metres then a swim about taking in the sights and watching the displays flicker around 1.3. It was great, we finally surfaced at just under the hour point with average temp 6.4 degrees.

So what have I learnt, Im back to basics again, constantly keeping an eye on my displays, using my suit for bouyancy and not wing, not needing perfectly flat trim throughout the dive, but most importantly for me im enjoying it again. So for now im limiting my diving to shallow shore diving in the Scottish Lochs untill I have more hours then slowly start progressing that little bit deeper and some good wreck diving up here.

Gareth

RBW Member Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

KISS Classic

Re: MOD 1 Completed

Congratulations on completion of MOD 1 and hope you enjoy many silent and bubbleless dives with your CK.

BTW, who did you do your course with?

Gary

Never E nuff Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Congrats, Keep at it. Its like everything else. The more you do it the better you get at it!!!!! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Graham  View Original Post
    Congratulations on completion of MOD 1 and hope you enjoy many silent and bubbleless dives with your CK.

BTW, who did you do your course with?

Gary
    Thanks

I trained with Danny Wright of Wright Diving Dive the Wright Way - BSAC UK - PADI - TDI - SDI - DAN - EFR - Danny Wright

RBW Member tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris's Avatar
    Evolution, Side-mount Meg

Meg

Quote Originally Posted by gwilson  View Original Post
    This week I went from a GUE fundamentalist constantly trying to achieve perfectly flat trim and looking good at all times to a novice Classic Kiss diver.

The course started in the classroom monday morning covering the theory then onto checking my unit #009 over, dis-assembling, cleaning, checking, replacing a hose or two and finally rebuilding it ready to dive on the Tuesday.

Off to Stoney Cove for 0830 Tuesday morning, things didnt go exactly to plan as a few leaks were found and as time was ticking by I borrowed a spare unit and managed the grand sum of 21 minutes bouncing off the floor around 6 metres or so and having my face firmly buried in the ppo2 displays, wondering what on earth I was doing.

By wednesday morning my unit was finally ready to dive and off we went for the first of 3 dives for the day. Skills were demonstrated and repeated, bit more theory was discussed and things started to feel not quite as bad as I intially thought. Apart from a slight choking on water moment it was getting better. Thursday was much the same as Wednesday minus the choking.

Friday morning finally dawned and the final dive. 0.7 was set on all 3 displays and in we went and down to 36.something metres to visit the really interesting hydro box with bit of a tweak around the 20 metre mark, got to where we were going and lo and behold 1.3 across all 3 displays, no bubbles, no gurgling, no noise and everything feeling just right. Managed a good ascent to around 20 metres then a swim about taking in the sights and watching the displays flicker around 1.3. It was great, we finally surfaced at just under the hour point with average temp 6.4 degrees.

So what have I learnt, Im back to basics again, constantly keeping an eye on my displays, using my suit for bouyancy and not wing, not needing perfectly flat trim throughout the dive, but most importantly for me im enjoying it again. So for now im limiting my diving to shallow shore diving in the Scottish Lochs untill I have more hours then slowly start progressing that little bit deeper and some good wreck diving up here.

Gareth
    If you are cheating on GUE do they kick you out of the club?

Quote Originally Posted by tflaris  View Original Post
    If you are cheating on GUE do they kick you out of the club?
    Hmm not sure if they kick you out or not.

CK #21 ReikiMaster will become famous soon enough ReikiMaster will become famous soon enough ReikiMaster will become famous soon enough ReikiMaster will become famous soon enough ReikiMaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gwilson  View Original Post
    Hmm not sure if they kick you out or not.
    how would you know if you are kicked out as they are not talking to you anymore noone can tell you :)

congrats on the course, many many hours ahead of you

Quote Originally Posted by ReikiMaster  View Original Post
    how would you know if you are kicked out as they are not talking to you anymore noone can tell you :)

congrats on the course, many many hours ahead of you
    :D

thanks

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Well done, take it slow and enjoy

Martin Gregory Clerkin MGC has a spectacular aura about MGC has a spectacular aura about MGC has a spectacular aura about MGC has a spectacular aura about MGC has a spectacular aura about MGC's Avatar
    rEvoIII

Hammer Meg, Meg, Kiss, Inspo

Gareth,
    Congratulations on passing MOD1, better keep working on that trim buddy, you need to look good on the KISS as well as on OC and it will help with keeping the counter lungs where they need to be.

GUE will not disown you, even though you are tarting yourself about , I have a CK and also dive a la GUE when on OC, my instructor knows and she still speaks to me :D

Once again, well done and dive safe.

Marty

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast